Wednesday 17 May 2017

Whatever Wednesday

I did some sewing.


And it is quilted.


But it is not a quilt.



It's a book cover!


I covered my task master journal with some Bee Hive Rules fabric.


I have found the pattern and tutorial here, at Stitch by Stitch.

On the inside, I used a fabric with a bee and some flowers, of course.

My only regret is that I didn't sew in a ribbon to use as a bookmark. It shall be done on my second effort. :^D  I shall also add a quarter inch more to the measurement as this one is pretty tight fitted. My measurements were too accurate and didn't take into account the thickness of the batting, I guess.

The quilting is very simple, gentle wavy lines, like a bee line.


Joining Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.
Joining Cynthia at Quilting is more Fun than Housework

Until next time ...


;^)

9 comments:

Lin said...

I LOVE that fabric! Have not got around to covering mine yet - must add that to my to do list!! xx

CecileD said...

Ooh c'est très sympa comme idée et le tissu que tu as choisi est parfait !

Vicki in MN said...

Nicely done:) You mentioned you wanted a bookmark ribbon on the next one-how about a pen holder too! I have seen where they just add a bit of elastic to hold one.

Fiona said...

lovely fabric for a book cover....
Hugz

gayle said...

I love your choice of fabric! Perfect for the book!
And aren't these small projects fun for a fast finish?

Ellen said...

Great idea!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is such a good idea! I've been wanting to make a notebook cover, too - I'll have to go take a look at the tutorial!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I have always wanted to do this. Thanks for sharing the tutorial. Happy to see you linking your journal cover up with Oh Scrap!

Sharon said...

Its been a long time since I've made one of these, I'll check out the tutorial. Super cute fabric you used!