Sunday 16 July 2017

Slow Lunch Breaks

I haven't been sewing much this past week, but I have been slow stitching during my lunch breaks at work. :^D

Since I can't bring the old quilt at work to work on, I brought something much more portable. My MIL table runner. Yep, finally working on this one. I kind of resurrected this one and started working on the appliques.


Sorry if the pictures aren't the best, they were taken with my phone.  Click to enlarge.

I started in the middle of the vine and I'm slowly working my way to the edge. I will pull some fabric out to be used for prepping of the leaves ... hopefully this afternoon.

Don't know if this count as slow stitching ....
but I have been working on some more towels. It uses a very big "needle" to shuttle the thread from one side to the other, hehehe! Don't mind the hot pink piece of rag in there. It is where the piece will be cut, to separate my work from the previous lady's work. The red row you see is my edging. It's the first time I do it this way. It's a little bit like embroidery. It finishes the towel so nicely. My stitches are not very even yet. You can see her beautiful blue edging at the bottom of the picture. I'll show you more of mine next time.

Joining Kathy for Slow Sunday Stitching where there's lots of wonderful project made by hand to be seen.


Until next time ...

;^)





7 comments:

gayle said...

Now don't you go tempting me with weaving! I do NOT need another hobby!
(We'll just pretend I've never priced looms...)

swooze said...

Your appliqué is looking great!

Lin said...

I love the background that you are appliqueing onto. Nice work on the loom - definitely slow stitching. xx

Barb said...

Nice applique! and I love seeing your weaving project.

CecileD said...

Hello Chantal ! Ton appliqué est très bien réalisé, pas de doute là dessus ! Bonne continuation et amuse toi bien avec le tissage ! :)

CathieJ said...

I have always wanted to learn to weave. Your MIL table runner is looking really good.

Jennie in GA said...

Love the background of your appliqué piece. I love woven pieces, but my personal journey into weaving was short-lived.