Friday 12 January 2018

Blue Month

I am so happy! For the Rainbow Scrap Challengers it's the Blue month! YAY! (I love blue, can you tell? )


Here's what I did.

Some 6.5" (unfinished) baskets for Cécile Sew Along in blue


This one is the "Peace Basket". A little bit of Christmas fabric, hehehe!

then, I did some in green.

The itsy bitsy bits used in these fun baskets were provided by The Joyful Quilter and JulieKQuilts. Thank you, girls, for feeding my addiction. :^D



On the 365 Challenge front, I did

July 7 - Road to California - 28 pieces (My choice of fabrics is not the best but it'll do)


July 8 - Coffin Star - 20 pieces  (Such an odd name)



July 9 - Sugar Bowl - 9 pieces


July 10 - Rosebud - 28 pieces


July 11 - Star Flower - 24 pieces (The hairiest block ever!)


July 12 - Mock Log Cabin - 12 pieces


July 13 - Patience Corner - 12 pieces

Total of pieces in this week 3.5" blocks - 133

July's total so far 375 pieces. Phew!



That's all for now.

;^)


Joining:

Sarah for "Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?"

Angela for Rainbow Scrap Challenge on Saturday

Cynthia for "Oh Scrap!" on Sunday




19 comments:

Barb said...

pretty basket blocks for the sew along.

oh my! those tiny blue blocks are fabulous!!

canuckquilter said...

Great little bit of Christmas in that basket block :) You have so much patience, working on those small blocks for the 365 day challemge quit. I love those blues. It's going to look awesome.
(PS - I think your blog has reverted back to "noreply-comment" status. That's how your last comment on my blog came through. Thought I'd mention it in case it wasn't on purpose.)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Lots of pretty blue to look at today, Chantal! I love your new little baskets!

gayle said...

Look at all those 365-blocks! You are on a roll!
Love those baskets, too!

Katie said...

Beautiful blocks! I love that you count the pieces. My quilting friend Bill (no blog...he struggles just taking photos with his smart phone!) does the same and has inspired a fee of us in my quilt guild to do the same...even if it is just to be able to answer his question of "how many pieces?" !!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Wow so many projects here ; love them all! :)

Kathy S. said...

Hooray for the 365 Challenge Blocks. I signed up to get all the e-mails and gave my donation, but I haven't started on the blocks yet. I may save them for next year. I'm trying to have more finishes than starts this year.

scraphappy said...

So many great blocks! You have been busy with blue.

Ellen said...

Wow - you got a lot done! When I made my blocks this week for the RSC some of the strips had been in the bin for so long that they had grown beards. lol

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm SEW glad that you were able to use some those scraps that I sent for your Basket blocks!

Lin said...

Gorgeous blue blocks and sweet basket. Happy 'Blue' New Year. xx

Jennie in GA said...

Those little baskets are definitely my favorite!!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

So many great blocks! Look's like you have plenty blue fabrics ;)

CecileD said...

Est-ce que tu rêves aussi en bleu ?? Hihihihi ! Tes blocs sont très très beaux et je suis trop impatiente de voir comment tu vas organiser tout cela !
Gros bisous !

Sally Trude said...

Great work! And I'm so impressed with your progress on the 365 day challenge. I'm only up to Jan 12. I'm impressed with your working so far into the future!

Fiona said...

wow you got heaps done....
Hugz

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I am in love with those basket blocks! They really look great. Thanks for sharing all your lovely blocks with Oh Scrap!

PaulaB quilts said...

All those pieces are turning into lovely blue blocks. Your eventual total will be in the millions, I bet. The baskets are sweet on the yellow.

Sandy Panagos said...

What itty bitty blocks! You are an inspiration. The baskets are darling.