Monday 8 October 2018

Design Wall Monday

I haven't done a Monday post in such a long, long time. I finally have something to show on a Monday.


I went shopping and got some much needed dark blue for the 365 Challenge and ...
some not so needed goodies.  :^D ( I couldn't resist; they are too cute and at 30% off, why resist?) Can't wait to put the scissors in that yardage. It is just lovely. I bought whatever was left on the bolt. Yay!

This is the first corner of the 365 Sampler Challenge. (as seen in the last post) This is the middle section.

I finished off the two side sections :
the twins 

and the basket. While pressing this block, I realized that I should have reversed my choice of colors for the basket. It didn't occurred to me while I was cutting the pieces (or when I was sewing the pieces) that the middle section of the basket and the flower were both blue. am I redoing this? This quilt will last for a hundred years... ... ... sigh! 

Of course, all this tedious sewing needed some mindless company. Even dark green came by to say hello. 

I was gifted these big bags of fabrics of all kind. 

The smallest one only has square pieces of all sizes. Some are sewn in a HST pattern others are pressed to form a prairie points border. I am having so much fun going through all this deliciousness. :^D 

It's Thanksgiving weekend in Canada, so I can play some more today. I am so thankful for that. Also thankful for you. I wonder if you know how much I appreciate you, your comment, point of views, ideas, your projects, laughter and even your teasing. Hahaha! I am spoiled. Thank you for being you. 

Have a great one, 

;^)



Joining Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Joining Beth at Love Laugh Quilt



8 comments:

julieQ said...

Such pretty sewing!! I love your new fabrics...especially the ones in the bags, LOL!! Scraps rock. Happy Thanksgiving!

Fiona said...

some lovely fabrics for you to play with... I would never have noticed that about your basket if you didn't mention it.... have fun playing with all those pieces....
Hugz

Vicki in MN said...

How fun is that-surprise bags of fabric are like treasure hunts and Christmas all rolled into one:0

Lin said...

Lovely purchases and the border is looking good. Shame about the basket but you will regret it if you don't change it! xx

gayle said...

Excellent fabric acquisition! Both the shopped and the gifted!
And nine patches really are a comfort, aren't they? Especially when you've had to get out the seam ripper for a different project... 8)

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful fabrics now in your stash! Love your blocks, maybe you can change the color by painting with thread while quilting?

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Zut j'ai oublié que tu parlais français, ce sera plus simple pour moi : plutôt que défaire ce bloc panier, le quilter de façon dense avec un fil clair ?

Angie in SoCal said...

I like your projects! Hang on to those bags of fabric. They're saying new fabric prices are going up this year due to tariffs and cotton crop disasters due to the hurricanes in the South.