Saturday 20 March 2021

Today, it's Officially Spring ...

... and International Quilting Day! What better way to celebrate these two than stitching up some green?

I did some green HST. Are you surprised? Five done and one ready for my next sewing session. 


I got surprise bags this week with some unbelievable goodies. 
As usual, I got lots of gorgeous pieces of fabrics and a good selection of magazines too. 

A lady sent me her entire collection of Thimbleberries blocks! 
All twelve blocks' instructions are there with the fabric. Block 13 is the border and she used some of the fabrics to make something else, but I don't care. I consider myself SO lucky to have all the blocks. I'll have a Safe Haven quilt soon. 😍 Thank you, madam. 

Another lady made some blocks to share with a group of quilters. She sent me all of her 36 blocks. Can you believe that?!!


They are purple but I always have difficulty taking a nice picture of purple. Just believe me, it's very nice fabrics! 
Hand applique Whirly Gig.
 
Each lady wrote her name on the blocks. Some I can't read because it's too dark on dark. I know none of these ladies. 🙁 But I am grateful to all of them. 😊 Thank you, ladies. 


 
I also worked on my HST quilt but this happened. 
Darn! Should have gotten some pictures of the layout before letting the cat in. I will learn. Haha! 

This little black fur ball with eyes of Emeralds is called Raven. He's been with us a week now and we found out that he's a little thief. Yes, he is! He stole our hearts, 💝 all of them. The boys who had the "Ugh! Not a cat!" attitude, got on their knees to play with him and they built him a "house" to sleep in. 😸 

We are such good slaves! 😇

He sneaked in every corner of this big house and found my sewing mojo. 😁 Thank you to my friend Pink for finding him for me. He's the perfect cat! Love you, Pink! 

He's not a very good quilting buddy yet, he's only 3 months old and this is his first quilting experience. I'm sure he'll learn quickly as he is very smart. Little ferret! 



"Okay, human, enough of this nonsense and play with me. You hear!?" 


16 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

What a cute little muffin! Your quilting room will never be the same, lol! Some wonderful projects from your friends, it's always so fun to have some new fabrics to play with. Welcome Spring!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What a sweet kitty, Chantal! I'm sure he can find lots of trouble to get into in your sewing room. Those whirligig blocks are really neat - a lovely gift!

The Joyful Quilter said...

An influx of quilt goodies in GREEN bags, GREEN RSC blocks, AND a GREEN eyed kitten?!?! Looks like a wonderful week, Chantal. :o))

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Quel adorable petit chat, trop mignon !! Super tous ces blocs offerts, ils sont magnifiques. Tu vas t'amuser !

PaintedThread said...

What an adorable helper! lol

Fiona said...

what lovely parcels to arrive at your door... I can imagine the squeals as you looked inside..... and a cute new sewing friend...
Hugz

Lin said...

Certainly knows how to play to the camera! Who me? No I wouldnt mess up your quilting layout, I was just re-arranging it for you! He is gorgeous!
Lovely gifts you received and nice work on your greens. xx

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

What an exciting week! Fabric and patterns and blocks, plus a KITTEN! Congrats on happy times ahead.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Lots of excitement in your sewing room. Looks like you will be entertained for weeks. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

gayle said...

Enjoy your new little buddy!
Meow!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Raven is a gem! My friend's cat takes her block parts and hides them. . .under the couch, in a plant. . .she says she has to keep her eye out because her cat is sneaky about stealing! LOL!!!

grammajudyb said...

Hooray for a gift of all the blocks! And Raven is so handsome!

Susie H said...

How generous of your friend to donate so many goodies to you. How nice too that you've adopted an adorable little supervisor. I'm sure we'll get to see many more pictures of Raven and we'll watch him grow into a quilty kitty!

Scrapatches said...

Your blocks and gifts are lovely. This post made me smile. How could I not be won over by those little emerald eyes. How wonderful these goodies and this cute kitty have found a home with you. Raven will be a wonderful quilty kitty ... :) Pat

hetty said...

Raven is adorable. What I miss most now that all my cats are gone is having to rearrange the blocks on my design floor.

Ruth said...

What a darling kitty! I have always loved black cats!