Saturday 27 February 2021

Nothing To Show

on the yellow front. I didn't finish my yellow challenge which was to quilt Smile. I did buy the yellow thread and that's all I did. 
 

We got snow on and off and sometimes it was a LOT! I shoveled a LOT. I love it. It's a good activity and it pushes me to be outside, enjoying the sunshine. 

It was Winter Wonderland again, and again and ... Look at the roof of my little shed. It's picture-perfect round. I should paint that shed Gingerbread Brown and draw candies all over it. Wouldn't that be pretty in the wintertime? 


I worked on the HST quilt on and off, but that's for another post. 


I made these yellow HSTs as I made some pink too. I did some in a darker yellow also but they are playing hide and seek at the moment and I don't feel like seeking. 


Here's the thing with these. I am making lots of HSTs lately (wow, isn't that an understatement?) and some are too small to play in the HST quilt (have to find a better name for it). I ended up with lots of 2" HST. I didn't have to search far to find another HST quilt that I like. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but this block was proposed by Border Creek Station as a stash buster challenge block in 2018(?). Here's a preview of 4 blocks together. 


I couldn't JUST buy thread when there's a sale going on so I spoiled myself with some fabric. (You know, shopping therapy.) These are 2 and 3 meters long for backings. I have everything I need to finish some tops except the energy to do it. 


And off she goes to make more HSTs. 

Take care everyone. 

;^)

See more wonderful posts at 
Angela's So Scrappy
Frédérique's Patchwork and Quilts 

10 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Yay for YELLOW thread!! Now, you are ready for quilting.

Jenny said...

That made me laugh "all I need to finish the tops except the energy". Soon I hope, one at a time and you will get there.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

De nouveaux tissus, ça fait toujours plaisir ! En plus ceux-là sont très beaux. L'énergie viendra plus tard ;)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sometimes little bits here and there is all we can manage, and that's okay! Glad you got your thread and some fun fabrics to go along with it, too. Hope there's not too much more snow for you.

gayle said...

I hear ya on the 'except the energy' part. There are some days that all I do is cut pieces for future quilts because I don't have the oomph to do anything more complicated.
Love that new HST block!

Quilting Babcia said...

It's ok to have this kind of week or month or whatever you need to re-energize your mojo. I kind of like that stashbuster block. Looks like a way to burn through a bunch of scrappy pieces quickly. Have a great week

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

I love the idea of the gingerbread shed! But you might have little visitors trying to eat it! The stashbuster block is intriguing with lots of those lovely hsts.

scraphappy said...

Having yellow thread is a step in the right direction.

Fiona said...

PUrchasing thread and fabric are important to quilt making!
love the idea of a gingerbread shed...
Hugz

Lin said...

Great shed picture! Your stash buster block looks like a useful one. OK so now you can move on to green lol. Have fun. xx