Saturday 5 November 2022

Not a Productive Week

What can I say? I didn't sew much because of too many meetings and coming home exhausted. My day job is really crunching my sewing time. :^D

I can resume all the sewing I did this week in one picture. 

Ta-daH!

My to-do list said to finish ALL twelve crumb blocks needed for Chaser to be completed. I did one. AND it was partly made already as I used a log cabin block from a gifted bag that someone chopped. So ... well .... whatever! 

This morning, I tried to accomplish something. So I grabbed the camera and some blocks to see what needed to be done.  
Not much of a quilt. The light green block is still MIA. So this one will continue next year. 

Then came Jericho Wall's turn. 

The wind picked up just as I was almost done. Argh! Got some clothespins to keep the blocks down. 

The wind moved to the other side and sent everything flying again. Even though it is almost noon by the time I took this picture, the barbecue shadow is still very long. Yep, Winter's coming. 

Anywho! I resorted to an indoor picture. 

Not the final layout but by this time, I had enough of bending over to set blocks on the floor. I'll get back to it later today. 

Almost forgot. The quilting on Field of Poppies is done. Slowly stitching the binding down. Hopefully, it will be done for Remembrance Day on Nov 11th. 

In other news

I received some dies for my Go Cutter given to me so generously by Cathy at Crazy by Design. Thanks again, Cathy. That story will be told in another post. :^D 

I know Halloween is over but check out Pumpkinville at Quilt Inspiration. It has pumpkin houses and pumpkin cars. It is the cutest Fall town ever made! It is worth the detour and you can  See it here. 

Enjoy! 

;^)

Joining my quilty friends 
Angela at SoScrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts 
Cynthia for Oh Scraps! 





17 comments:

Sara said...

Both quilts are looking wonderful. I have the same issue with the wind here in SD when I try to take outdoor photos.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Bravo pour la tentative de photo en extérieur ;)) Ca va être un très beau quilt. J'aime bien le petit bloc vert aussi. Bon courage pour la semaine de travail.

gayle said...

Well, you got tons more sewing done than I did, so go you! Love those Jericho Wall blocks so much!

PaintedThread said...

Pretty all around. I really like the layouts.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's always fun to see your rainbow of blocks all laid out together! I love both the stars and Jericho Wall blocks - so happy and colorful. Fun link to Pumpkinville, too! That would be quite a project.

Lin said...

That winds a bugger isn't it! Nice to lay everything out to check progress though. Hope you are able to get your binding done in time. xx

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Sometimes if you can get even a little sewing done, it's a victory. Good for you trying to get an outdoor photo, the weather wasn't cooperating around here either. Love the Jericho Walls quilt blocks.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love your rainbow quilts it is very hard laying everything out to get the right look isn't it. Even with a wall like I have I have to keep kneeling or sitting on the floor to get to the bottom of the wall or bending over breaking my back!

Deb said...

Love the rainbow blocks. I am scouting for ideas for next year so I am not all over the map again. I have lots started but not all of them close to finished. Stay safe and sew on!

CathieJ said...

I reall y like Jericho's Wall. Enjoy stitching the binding on Field of Poppies.

Karrin Hurd said...

That always happens to me, I go outside to take a picture and the wind stirs up. Great finish!

Ivani said...

Beautiful collection of rainbow blocks. It will be nice seeing the stars pile grow during next year.

Inch by Inch Quilting said...

So many pretty pictures and projects on the go here. For some reason the white crumb block really appeals to me.

Sandy Panagos said...

Something is better than nothing, as they say, but that's not very comforting when you're hoping to get more done. Maybe I shouldn't, but I love that windy day photo. Your Jericho Wall is really pretty!

SueR said...

I like that Jericho Wall block a whole lot. I could see a scrappy quilt made with those blocks too. Hang in there, hopefully you'll get a slow down. Even 15 minutes a day will help get you there.

Bonnie said...

Your blocks (both sets of them) look fantastic. Honestly life does get in the way of our hobby but it'll wait for you. Hope this coming week finds you able to spend a bit more time quilting. I love your warning about not bothering to advertise in your comment section. I keep a tight lock on mine but every once in a while something gets posted to a really old post. Ugh.

dq said...

Very Very nice quilt blocks! The quilts will be gorgeous!