Saturday 7 January 2023

First Blue Saturday

Here is the first Saturday of 2023 already. Time to show the Blues. Are you ready? 

Was scavenging a thrift store and I found this. 


One king-size bed sheet. In blue and black! I love it so much. I've spent so much time listening to cassettes ... Memories. 


I said I would continue making blocks for my Scrap Jar Star quilt but they would be different from last year. 
Here are the blue blocks made in 2022 


And here's 2023. Can you see the difference? 

Since I love the version All Colours AND the version Rainbow Style, I opted to make both in one quilt. What do you say? Good or bad? 💭  (Ok, Joy, you're next. 😉)


As you can see in my last post, I have a lot of projects for 2023. Well, one of them will have to bench. Since the pieces for Twinkling Scrap Star are almost all cut up, the project will be removed from the list. I have a very good reason for this decision. I might go on a retreat in February (Whoop Whoop!) and TSS is coming along. I have to think of other projects that can be quickly, easily prepared, and packed. Oh! I'm so excited. I hope we get to go. Weatherman, be nice!  

Take care, everyone. 
;^)

Joining 
Angela at So Scrappy 
Frédérique for Patchwork and Quilts
Cynthia for Oh Scrap! 






 



10 comments:

Lin said...

Great cassette fabric. The variation looks good - carry on! xx

Marly said...

Nice find in the thrift shop! The multi-coloured centre looks good. I think I prefer it!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Great find! I like the multi-colored center blocks too. Keep making more!

Fiona said...

oh wow I love the cassette find - will you use it as a sheet or for your sewing? Great work on the stars... either way rainbow or single colour will work. I do like the rainbow middle and single colour outside...
Hugz

Astrid said...

I like both versions of your star block. If I had to choose, I'd go for the multi-colored center. Great find at the thrift shop! I still have some of my cassettes, can't get myself to get rid of them.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Sympa, ce tissu avec les cassettes audio ! J'espère que la météo te permettra de partir en retraite, je croise les doigts ! Bises

Susan said...

It took me a minute to find the difference, but I think I prefer the all blue, though the scrappy is fun, too.

Barb said...

Wow! what a great find. I love that cassette print - brings back memories of high school and beyond. Remember mix tapes?
Nice scrappy stars!

Nann said...

Oh, the sheet is terrific! Great array of blue blocks, too.

greaterexp said...

The scrap jar star quilt will be stunning! I'm always amazed at the prints we find in fabrics. If a subject exists, there is surely a fabric with it somewhere! Cassettes! I still remember listening to 78 RPM records!