Sunday 9 June 2024

Bringing Out the Blues

Well, here we are in June or the blue month and I am still working with Pink. That is my life lately. In my defence, better be late than being a quitter, right? Lol.

So, Pink 9 patch ...


...and a 6.5 X 8.5 crumb block with 4X4 ones. I finished the crumb blocks Saturday morning. 


The pink scraps from the beginning of May 

to the end of May. I think the bags are smaller only because the scraps are nicely folded. 

The bigger pieces are in the left bag. The other one holds bags with lighter pink, pink with other colours, orangy-pink, etc. 



On to blue: 

Oooooooooh! My Skittles are burnt!!! 

Five bags of dark, light, bright, and aqua for this month. Not counting ...  


two scrap baskets too. They are supposed to be one light blue basket and one dark blue but some swapping, trading and exchange has occurred during the years. I will concentrate my efforts on the bags. 

Talking bags of scrap, I was gifted a scrap bag (again) during the Artisanat meeting. It has lots of pieces that got my brain working. 


Do you know what pattern these are for? In the first picture, there are two sizes of triangles. The second picture shows very small pieces. I might just cut them up to 1.5" and be done with it instead of trying to figure out what they are for. Life is short after all. 

There was also a lot of sewn pieces. 

I will unstitch them during lunch at work so I can use them up. Lovely prints in there.  

I will return to pink to finish the Double Tulips block which still looks like this. Sigh! 


I am catching up on comments' replies too. I was so far behind it was shameful. Anywho!! That's all for now. See you next weekend. Meanwhile, enjoy some scrap sewing. 


;^) 

Joining these talented ladies during the week: 
Cynthia for Oh Scrap












5 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Ils sont très mignons tes petits blocs roses, et les bleus peuvent attendre ;) J'aime beaucoup ces tissus noir et blanc, de belles chutes !
Bises, et bon courage

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I don't think it matters what the day says on the calendar- you should just go with what you want to work on! (You could even call today May 40th, if you want!) Looks like you have some pretty blues to play with when you're ready!

Jenny said...

Those scrap bags never die!

Lin said...

Plenty of blue to work with then! I am keeping my aqua back for the end of the year when Angela suggests neutrals or whatever. Interesting collection of black and whites there. Happy lunchtimes. xx

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You have lots of lovely blue scraps to choose from, Chantal. Lovely blocks in pinks too. Happy Stitching!