Saturday 20 July 2024

Not Your Typical Week

Not MY typical week either, but what a week it was. My week went to the cats. Even though my son celebrated his 28th birthday, Raven got all my attention.

But first, FABRIC. 
Double Halo in Seafoam Green - done

Trimmed Blue and NOT trimmed Aqua crumb blocks 

and the usual 9 Patch trio. OOOOhhhh! Dots! 



And now the cat story. 

Bright and early Tuesday morning, we had the visit of Rascal. 

He came to the patio door, begging for food and love. Of course, I handed out both and plenty of it too. So he decided this place was cool and walked nonchalantly into the house. 😲

Raven was not amused that I gave HIS food to this stranger. "Hey, what's wrong with you? That's my food and you are busy petting me, REMEMBER!!" 

But somehow, they got along. Wow! Two males and I'm pretty sure this vagabond isn't neutered. He had no collar so we decided to name him Rascal. 


Unfortunately, I had to go to work so I sent him back outside where he chilled with Raven on the deck. Look how he keeps his paws together. So cute. I kept thinking about him all day long, and how skinny he was, and where to find the time to take him to the vet, etc. I rushed home that afternoon to care for him some more but he was no longer here. 

That little Rascal stole my heart. I'm still thinking of him and I hope someone has adopted him as he has a sweet disposition. (Deep inside, I still hope he will show up again.) Bye, Rascal. 



Raven started to have a peculiar behaviour, mainly not jumping on the bed anymore but literally climbing on the bed. Claws in the quilt, trying with all his might, to climb Mount (Super High Bed) Everest. I thought that was weird. Then I noticed that he didn't walk much. He walked a few steps and sat, walked 3 steps and sat. When he did walk, he would do so like a raccoon with his back all arched up. This caused me to be concerned, very concerned. 

A little visit to the vet turned into over an hour visit with a blood test and x-rays being taken to finally reveal that Raven has a spine injury. 😢 I don't know when or where this happened as my cat is an adventurous Indiana Jones in the jungle behind our house. Not only do I have to take care of my sons, but I am now a cat nurse! 🙀 I move him around the house to his desires so he doesn't have to exert himself. 😟

Here he is at the vet clinic. 
The picture is pretty blurry because we were both very nervous to hear the final verdict. Now, he's on meds and he's sleeping peacefully by my side. He has another appointment with the vet next week. Meanwhile, I will go to work because I am broke. 😭 But he is worth every penny. 


Hopefully, I can tackle my own Mount (Aqua) Everest during the weekend. 



Enjoy your week everyone. 
;^) 

P.S. If you see Rascal, please tell him to come back home. 😉


Joining these talented ladies this week. 
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts
Cynthia for Oh Scrap
Alycia for Finished or NOT Finished Friday
NinaMarie at Creations - Quilts, Art, Whatever

  






11 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love your aqua blocks. I hope Raven is ok & that Rascal comes back. He is a lovely looking cat.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm sorry to hear about Raven being injured! Hope he recuperates quickly. Rascal looks pretty sweet - I bet he has charmed the whole neighborhood! Your aqua scraps are making pretty blocks. Have fun taming Mount Aqua Scraps!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

Oh dear, poor Raven, that must have been a surprise diagnosis. And you must be wondering how on earth the injury happened perhaps he got into a fight, or was attacked by a dog? Did your vet have any ideas? Of course, our pets are worth every penny we spend on them, although vet bills can certainly mount up. I do hope he recovers soon.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

J'espère que Raven va se remettre rapidement, ce n'est pas rien cette blessure. Et que Rascal reviendra bientôt ;) Bravo pour tes blocks, ils sont très beaux, et tu as bien entamé le Mont Everest des tissus aqua ;)
Bises

Quilting Babcia said...

Oh, poor Raven, hope he mends quickly. I suspect you haven't seen the last of Rascal unless he was an escapee and then found his way back home and is safely locked inside now. I do love those double halo blocks, they are going to make a lovely quilt one day soon.

Fiona said...

Oh poor Raven! hope he heals soon and Rascal comes back to visit.... lovely aqua blocks and a great pile to play with....
Hugz

Lin said...

Oh poor Raven. I do hope that rest and medication will clear the problem. Yes, those front paws of Rascal's are just so gorgeous! Lovely aquas too! xx

Sara said...

Very pretty blocks! Hope that Raven makes a quick recovery from his injury. And hopefully the other kitty is finding a good home somewhere.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

That double halo block is so pretty! As are your aqua crumb blocks! I hope Raven is doing well.

QuiltGranma said...

Perhaps, like in the book/movie The Incredible Journey, Rascal is on his way home from escaping on a trip, and you helped him get further on his route. Prayers for both kitties!