Saturday 3 August 2024

Stained Glass and Scrap Bags


My primary job these past weeks was Raven. He is doing a little better but still can't jump on the sofa or climb the stairs. He hates his meds, therefore he hates me. 

Sewing was a welcome change whenever I still had the energy to sew. What got done? Let's see. 



A light blue and a green-ish aqua Stained Glass block were assembled. Sunny morning makes big shadows. 

Group photo of the 4 Stained Glass from June and July. 
 
Do you see the "eyes" in the last block? I can't "unsee" them and I have a mind to remove that piece of fabric. Would you? 

More 9 Patch. Aren't you surprised? Lol. The Lily of the Valley floral print is all used up. 

And now for the scrap bags! Did they lose some "weight"? 

This picture was taken on June 1st. Note that the blue scrap and the aqua scrap are all together. 


At the end of July, it might be hard to tell because there are more bags but believe me the group photo is much better. 

The dark blue is the biggest one. No surprise there as I did so many quilts with dark blue fabrics and didn't work on it much in June. On top of it sits medium and bright blue. To its left is the blue/colour combo with the light blue at the front of it. In the foreground, we have the aqua bags. So much slimmer. From the left, the blue aqua, a bag of darker aqua that I gathered for a Storm at Sea quilt waiting patiently on my to-do list, and on the right greenish aqua. 



Only the blue bags. 


Only the aqua bags. 

I am happy with the end result even though lots of those scraps just ended up elsewhere, like in the "per size" containers. 
It will be much easier to use them now. 



Angela called August 
ORANGE 

Well, everyone knows that I do NOT like orange! I adore orange. So let's see what I have to work with this month. 



WHHHHAAAAAT! That's it? 

Well, I do use orange a lot, even outside of the RSC, so I'm not too surprised. 



Anywho! I'm sure I'll find lots more as Orange has a scrap basket. YAY. 




Have fun sewing orange (or whatever colour) this week! 


;^) 

I will try to join these talented ladies this week. 



10 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You've made some gorgeous quilts using orange, Chantal! I'll enjoy seeing what you come up with this month. Hope Raven gets better quickly and you can be done with the hateful meds!

Jenny said...

Your scrap bags are slowly going down

Fiona said...

I didn't see the eyes before you said anything and had to look - but personally I would be fine with them - I do admire how good you are with your sorting - and it pays off as you do such lovely quilts...
Hugz

Fiona said...

Hope Raven is getting better each day - and less cranky with you!
Hugz

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Comme Fiona, je n'avais pas remarqué les "yeux" avant que tu les mentionne ! Tes blocs sont très réussis, avec une belle variété de tissus. Bravo pour les sacs de chutes qui diminuent ! Et pour les superbes quilts orange, moi aussi j'aime bien cette couleur ☺️😘

Lin said...

Good to have all those bags sorted and nice work with your aqua's. I didnt see the 'eyes' until you mentioned them so I would leave them be and not mention them again! Poor old Raven, having to suffer to get better, hope he is good soon. A happy month for you coming up. xx

Susie H said...

Great Stained Glass blocks. I would not take out the "eyes" fabric. I never noticed it and really had to look to see it after you mentioned it. It'll be fine!! I love orange too but I have plenty to choose from. I'm always finding pretty orange fabrics at the quilt shops and can't say no. Lol!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Nice scrap progress! Sorry about the lack of orange! I hope you find some more. The eyes in the stained glass block made me laugh! I love it! It's got personality!

Quilting Babcia said...

I love the stained glass blocks, and I don't see any eyes, so I'd say definitely don't re-sew! If it's stitched it stays in my world! Hope Raven continues to heal and is back to his old self very soon.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I see the Eyes!!! thats funny!!! Love all your aquas/teals. and orange - right? How does that color not accumulate in our stash???