Monday 2 September 2024

It's a Flimsy!

Double Halo is finally a flimsy and I couldn't wait to share it with you. 

I rush to sew the skinny sashing and haste makes waste. The sashing did not align properly. 



And not just once but all of them. Argh! 

An emergency call was sent to the Super Seam Ripper and eventually, it got done properly before the long weekend was over.
Oh, My! The aqua block and the blue block are basically all the same colour. And the purple one is nothing but purple. Let's try in a sunny spot. 



Yes, that's better. I love it so much. (The quilt is bumpy because the grass is long ... and wet.) 

The centre star doesn't have the same fabric as the stars, only the same colour. (The square in a square uses a piece of the M&M millennium print, yes. Haha.) Click on the picture to zoom in. 


The first block I did was the red star and I didn't calculate how big a scrap I needed to make this block. I just wing it as I usually do. Well, yes, I ran out of red. Most of the readers said they couldn't see the difference so, here it is. 


That prompted me to use other fabrics to make the middle star. 

I'll have to check the orange bottom corner. It looks funny in all the pictures. Oh! but I love this quilt. 

How about one more picture? 

Ta-Dah!! 


Enjoy your week. 
;^) 


Joining these talented ladies this week. 
Angela at So Scrappy




14 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Congratulations on getting this beautiful flimsy together over the long weekend! I know how those sashings can wreak havoc with getting the blocks to line up properly, yours look perfect now. Beautiful quilt!

Lin said...

Congratulations! It is lovely. Difficult, I know to my cost, to get narrow sashings like that to match up, but you got there. xx

MissPat said...

Once it's quilted and washed, no one will notice the little imperfections in the sashing. It's done and looks great and that's what matters. Congratulations.
Pat

Fiona said...

that has come up fabulously.... great work.... I love how you worked all the colours in from the middle one...
Hugz

cityquilter grace said...

very nice....done my share of winging as well...makes it individualized...lol!

sue s said...

I know how you feel about the sashing; I was using my Ripper today trying to fix sashing on my quilt! It bugged me so had to be fixed.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Double Halo is gorgeous, Chantal! I love the skinny sashing - sorry it caused you so much trouble. It looks good in your photos. And the center star having all the colors pulls all the blocks together perfectly!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Wouah, bravo ! Moi aussi je l'adore ;) Les tissus différents d'une même couleur font tout le charme du patchwork, et ajoutent de l'intérêt. Cela dit, pour le bloc rouge c'est très discret et ça ne se voit pas ! J'adore l'étoile centrale qui unie tous les autres blocs !

maggie fellow said...

wonderful and a great post for dark/black month

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh Oh Oh !! I love it!! and the center star - that was BRILLIANT!!!! Congrats on a great top!!!

Jenny said...

Doesn't that look lovely, such wonderful star blocks.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

What a great idea to use all colors of the rainbow for your central block, then surround it with a block of each color. I may just have to steal that idea for next year. :) The flimsy is lovely.

sue s said...

Ah yes, my haste also led to bad sashings this wekk and they just screamed at me, so fix 'em I did. Your stars are lovely. I will make this pattern some day; rainbow colors is a good choice.

Nann said...

"Just wing it" -- me, too. And sometimes we take off and soar, sometimes we don't. LOL. The result here is terrific!!