Saturday 31 August 2024

Is Orange Done Yet? Nope!

I can continue to play with orange for another month and not get bored.

Unfortunately, it's the last week of the month. It's also the busiest week of the month at work which means my energy level was pretty flat by the time I got home. I didn't sew much but I still have a few things to show you.

 




These L&E blocks (Shallow Pond) get together every now and then. Look closely; Orange is there. 


So far, they all have met my Super Seam Ripper. Maybe this weekend, I'll be able to sew a perfect one on the first try. Fingers crossed. :^D 

Double Halo blocks are getting together now. I was hoping to have it done by now but it didn't go as planned. You will have to wait another week to see the flimsy top. Sorry. 

What colour did I pick for the 9th block? Is it a burgundy red? A light grey? Oh! All black?  A very light violet? Another orange but more peachy?! 

I am working with peach fabrics on a Stained Glass block. Two blocks of each colour was really not enough. The fun continues. 



I found this little floral piece (which was bigger before I started cutting it) and I wanted to use it all up. It might appear pinkish on your monitor but the flowers are orange, trust me. I got just a wee bit left and it's in the box of Friend's Favourite Quilt. Oh, yes! I am still working on that one too. (Well, actually, I am only adding fabric cut to size in the box but it counts, right?) 

The green fabric has some dashes of the same colour as the olive green fabric but it doesn't show well after sewing it. Very disappointed but it will be used anyway. And some peach fabric because they are part of my orange scraps. 



Something exciting happened to me this week. I sold one of my quilts. It's my first sale! One of the lawyers bought my I Spy quilt. Oh! I'm so happy. I thought I would be sad to see it go but nope! 

I'm sure the baby will have fun with this one while learning the English and French words of all the items in the prints. You can see more of this quilt here: 
 https://atthecornerofscrapandquilts.blogspot.com/2019/03/finally-ta-dah-moment.html


That's it for now. Hope you all have a lovely weekend, and a wonderful looonng weekend to my fellow Canadians and my friends in the States too. 
Enjoy! 
;^)

Joining these talented ladies this week. 
Angela at So Scrappy







6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Congratulations on your quilt sale! It's a beauty - I can see why it would sell. I love your Double Halo blocks, too - so pretty in every color! And your 9 patches make me want to go sew some. Do you have plans for how you're going to use those?

Lin said...

Congratulations! Always great to make a sale. Lovely Double Halo - looking forward to seeing the flimsy. xx

Quilting Babcia said...

Congratulations on your quilt sale, so fun when that happens! I happen to love orange too (who doesn't?), maybe someday we can make a quilt predominantly of orange scrappy love! Wouldn't that be fun?

gayle said...

Looking forward to seeing that Double Halo flimsy!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations on your first sale! I have no issues with giving my quilts away; but, somehow selling one is beyond me! I too look forward to seeing your Halo flimsy!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Ooooh, bravo pour la vente du bébé quilt ! Il va faire un enfant heureux ;) Bon courage avec le travail, et la fatigue. Bises !