Friday 1 March 2019

Finally a "Ta-Dah" Moment

My first finish of 2019 is my first I Spy quilt. I'm sure I will make more like this because it was fun.

I got up early this morning to take pictures in the sunlight. :^D
It's a pattern that I took from Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict. You can find the original inspirational quilt along with the tutorial Sarah gives so generously for free right here. Thank you, Sarah. You are my inspiration. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I did a very simple quilting because I didn't want to cover the lovely prints too much.


Some of the prints are cotton, others are flannel. In this picture, you can see that our beautiful snow is actually ice. ๐Ÿ˜ž


There's Taz, the M&M guy, stars, cardinals, buttons, flying saucers ... 
It measures 54" X 54" ; big enough to play find and seek with the 136 different prints. I see from the pictures that I am not quite done with sewing the threads' ends in. Oops!

... worms, Batman, dinosaurs, pumpkin, trains and Chinese ladies. Even Santa is included.  

I'm joining Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for "Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?"

Have a great weekend everyone.

;^)

Also joining Angela at So Scrappy.
Wendy at Wendy's Quilts
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation
Michelle at From Bolt to Beauty



19 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

What a bright and fun I-spy quilt! Looks like you can go ice skating there. Time for spring we keep whining, but old man winter has other plans.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love I Spy quilts, and the stars really add to yours! Great finish, Chantal!

Marly said...

Lovely finish! I-spy quilts are always so interesting. Do you have a particular recipient in mind?

Fiona said...

I love it.... great quilt.... hmmm.... looks cold over your way..
Hugz

Ellen said...

Congratulations on such a fun finish Chantal!

Barb said...

fun eye spy quilt - novelty fabrics are the best. I never tire of them.
wow - that really is icy snow!

Kathy's A Quilter said...

wonderful colourful happy little eye spy...Love it.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

What a great I spy quilt! It looks like a cute quilt all by itself with the stars, and then the fun fabrics make it fun to use for spying too!

Angie in SoCal said...

A wonderful use of scraps offset by those great yellow stars. Congrats on your finish!

JanineMarie said...

Fun, fun quilt! I love the combination of stars with the I Spy blocks.

CecileD said...

J'aime beaucoup ton quilt avec ces tissus qui le rendent trรจs original !
Bravo pour ce "finish" Chantal !

gayle said...

What an adorable quilt! (And your 'snow' looks pretty treacherous! Be careful out there!)
My sister-in-law makes a lot of I Spy quilts, so I try to keep an eye out for fun prints for her. You've got a fabulous collection in yours!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great adaptation of Sarah's tutorial!!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great design for an I-Spy quilt. I love how your quilt turned out. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Linda said...

A gorgeous I Spy Quilt. Delightful. I have added it to my Pinterest board for future reference. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

What a fun quilt for little people to enjoy. And what great photos on the snow/ice. Thank you for linking up to the Peacock Party.

Sarah Craig said...

Oh, Chantal, it’s WONDERFUL!! What a great I-Spy quilt. I remember looking at all the prints on a quilt my great-grandmother made for me - so much fun and wonderful memories!

Marly said...

Your I-spy quilt is lovely and will make some little person very happy. Your baskets are pretty.

Lisa J. said...

It's a lovely finish Chantal and I hope your ice is all gone soon.