Saturday 30 March 2019

I'm Getting There

It didn't go as planned ... as it usually does for me but I'm getting there regardless.

In my last post, this is what I had to assemble. The yellow fabric is an oldie from my mother's stash. It frays a lot. I mean A. Lot.

Anywho! During the week, I worked on the setting triangles. It was trials and errors but I got there. My plan was to have it finish for the weekend ... March 23!

On Tuesday evening, I had this done.

Last Saturday, I got this far. It was puckering from every triangle. Lots of un-stitching occurred. And more fraying too, of course!

On Wednesday, March 27th, I got it done. Okay, it's not perfect but done is better than perfect. It is less wavy than it was at first. Because of the fraying fabric, seam allowance on many places is only 1/8.  It looks good to me and I'm happy with it ... now that it's done, ha!
I wanted to pin it and quilt it but another one had all my pins and beat the basket quilt to the sewing machine.



Yes, I have finally started the quilting on the flannel quilt. It is so huge and heavy but I'll get there. (I saw my Doctor on Wednesday and he asked me to step on the scale. Ouch! I believe wrestling with this beast will do me good. :^D)

Also got all the greens for Good Fortune done. The bonus triangles aren't pressed as I know I won't use them for the border. I'll find something else to do with these. (The Joyful Quilter has a mini Supernova that is very tempting. Check it out here.)

And then ... sigh ... I did it. I finally got there! Got to the place where I can sew another blue. 😇

Jack's Delight is September 19 block. Don't know what's wrong with the lower left section of this picture but believe me it isn't crooked. It has 25 pieces and measures 3.5 inches. I love it.

Now that I'm there, I need to cut more little blue blocks and cut more blues for Good Fortune too. Oh! I'll me knee high in blues and I'll be as happy as a unicorn eating pink ice cream! lol.

;^)

Joining Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Wendy at Wendy's Quilts
Angela at So Scrappy
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework




12 comments:

gayle said...

Jack's Delight is indeed delightful! And I adore those little baskets, fraying and all!

Fiona said...

I love your little basket quilt.... once it is quilted nobody would know the seams have been so naughty! gorgeous little Jacks Delight block and well done with the quilting... flannel does add quite a bit of weight to wrestle but it's worth it...
Hugz

The Joyful Quilter said...

The Basket quilt top looks lovely and there are ways to get the wiggle out! Don't overdo with the monster quilt or you'll be back at the doctor to treat your sore shoulders. Glad to see that you got back to your blue blocks, too!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh! And thanks for the shout out, too!!!

Quilting Babcia said...

You've made great progress in spite of the fraying fabric! Those triangles can be quilted into submission, I've been working on a similar issue with stretching triangles on the one I'm currently machine quilting. Take care of your back and shoulder - they will thank you in the long run.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks like you've been getting lots done, Chantal! Fraying fabric is definitely a pain, but I think your baskets look wonderful!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I have been wanting to do a basket quilt - you might have just pushed me to move it up the list. Thanks for sharing your lovely top with Oh Scrap!

Paulette said...

Love your basket quilt! The colorful blocks in the sashing corners are great!

Jean Belle said...

What a wonderful basket quilt. Scrappy baskets like that are my favorites! Glad to hear your Good Fortune is coming along. I just finished up mine this month.

Lin said...

I am glad you persisted with your baskets as they look gorgeous. That quilting looks like a mammoth task! Enjoy your blues. xx

Linda H said...

Your Basket quilt is just sweet. Once it's quilted, you'll never know it had its problems. Blue is my favourite colour so I can understand your enthusiasm.. that little Jack's Delight block is so cute! Well done!

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

Oh dear! You sound a bit snowed under with all your WIPs. Maybe you can make more progress this week. Thank you for linking up to the Peacock Party.