Saturday 26 December 2020

Sewing and/or Quilting

In my last post, I had planned for three quilts to be ready for quilting. Have I been nice or naughty? 

I've been very naughty because I've done none of them. Jacob's back, which I was so proud of, turned out to be too small. Both ways! Darn! I don't have enough blue and green to make another whatever it needs to be the right side. It really put a flat tire on my mojo, if you know what I mean. 

It's a good thing that the pink tulip was already finished and flourishing on my design wall (the red one has been published but they look so good together),

because I was too annoyed, disappointed, and bummed out to concentrate on much. So, I did some simple HST blocks. 

Then, these little bits jumped on my sewing machine. 

Now, this is fun! 
So I did some of these too. 

They turned out not so bad. 
Well, that's very pretty but I have work to do, so I stuffed it in a sewing capsule for later. 

I did a few masks too. In twenty years from now, the trivia question will be :
"What fashion accessory did everyone had in 2020?" Lol.
  

Then, SEW Sisters had a sale and I got this mask panel.

There's something for everyone in there. Love the rainbow whiskers. 

So I started cutting them up and this got me into the groove again.  


I went back to the HSTs. 
I had fun with the value placement. I like this one. 
Let's try another one. 


Yeah! This is fun again. Now, let's get back to Jacob, and all this quilting I was supposed to do. At least, Ohio Star Shadow is set up on the frame and ready to be hand quilted.  


Here's hoping that you are all safe and healthy. 

Like Chris said: 
Have a Very Merry Everywhere you go and a Happy Everyday! 

;^)

I'll be with 
Angela at Soscrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts 





14 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Tant pis pour le quilting et le dos trop court, tes tulipes sont magnifiques ! Sympas ces petits blocs qui se créent tous seuls ;))

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sewing is sometimes like that - you discover something you did is not quite right and it takes all the wind out of your sails! I'm glad you got back out there again and working on using those HSTs. Those blocks are so amazing!

Julierose said...

I hate it when quilts don't turn out to be the right size!! I am having to add borders to my Geese to bring it up to lap quilt size...
I've decided to quilt it in 3 sections --by hand--then it won't be so hard for me to put it all together by machine...
You have some nice little projects going there...
hugs, Julierose

MissPat said...

Well, I'm right with you there on the missing mojo. I'm glad to see you got yours back. I'm working on unearthing mine. Maybe it's in a sewing capsule which I didn't know was a thing until you pointed it out. I'll start digging.
Pat

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Glad you got your mojo back. Your little blocks are so adorable. And as always I love your hsts. A Happy Everyday to you, too!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sorry to hear about Jacob's quilt back. SEW frustrating! (I know, because my BH Mystery quilt has the same problem.) I'm glad those sweet HST blocks turned your mojo around! By the way... I spy something familiar on the wall behind your quilt frame. :o))

Jenny said...

I've never seen a mask panel, seems like a good idea.

swooze said...

Looks like you accomplished a lot! Great job!

scraphappy said...

That mask panel is just too fun. Glad you had fun with the HST blocks, hopefully something will turn up to make the backing work out.

Quilting Babcia said...

I love those exploding star blocks you're creating with your scrappy Hst's, wonderful way to use up a lot of them though also requiring a lot of patience. Those tulip locks are adorable. Are you planning a large quilt with them or something smaller, wallhanging perhaps?

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Thank goodness for cupboards where you can stuff projects that don't work out. When you bring them out later, they don't seem so bad :)

Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap! See you in 2021

gayle said...

I'm glad you got your mojo dragged back into place. (Please ask it if it happened to see mine while it was AWOL)
Love those HST stars SO much!

grammajudyb said...

Hey! Your HST have inspired me. Now when I get back home to my sewing machine......I'll have a leader ender project.

Fiona said...

I so love what you make with scraps... inspirational... Happy New Year
Hugz