Friday 4 December 2020

I've Got Your Back

It is so important to feel supported when we do something we are unfamiliar with. At work, my new team is wonderful. It's been a month already that I switched departments. They got my back and it feels good.

It is the same thing for quilts; a back is very important. 
(Can you tell I've been playing with backs these past weeks?)

I have this lovely fabric for Jacob's Summer backing. I thought it was very relevant since it is all about summer sports. 


Turns out the piece is just not big enough. I was sour about that as I really wanted to use this one. I didn't feel like adding long strips on each side. Angela came to my rescue. She inspired me to make one like this. 


I love it! Thanks, Angela. (Photograph sideways as it is sooo long and the grass was wet.) 

Eight Miles of Moon Beam has been sitting on the frame for the last 5 years. Well, almost 6 at this point. I can't seem to quilt this one. I didn't like the quilting pattern and now, I don't like the back I chose. 
I found this bedsheet ...


and I think it suits Eight Miles better. So, let's switch!  

The Eight Miles' old backing will be used for Field of Poppies. 


I think it is befitting to have stars on the back to represent all these fallen heroes, wouldn't you say? 


Now, if I could just quilt these three quilts and get the UFO list shorter it would be wonderful.  You will hear how well I did (or didn't do) in a few weeks. Am I on the Nice or on the Naughty list? 😁


I bought a "From me to Me" kind of gift. 


Of course, it's fabric. Just a few fat quarters. I got some grey fabric in case I have to start Bonnie's Mystery Quilt. I also got a few others, in case I need them for something ... you know ... 😏for something. 

That's it for now. I got a gazillion more HSTs done ...

and the leftovers from the backing are already included.  Always in need of more. 

There's also a tulip trying to sprout on my design wall but that's for another post. 

Take care everyone. 

;^)

Joining my friends 
Denise at For the Love of Geese  (Denise has a great Sugar Cookies Recipe on her post. Just saying!)
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts




14 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Tulips - can't wait for a peek. Can spring be far behind?!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Backings are always the hardest things to come up with! I love your pieced backing for Jacob's Summer. It will be a two sided quilt!

Lin said...

So glad that all is going well with the new job. Lots of happy stitching going on I see and some pretty shopping too! xx

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I'm not very good at choosing the perfect backing, you do! Love your pieced one too. Ah zut j'ai écrit en anglais... ;))

Cathy said...

Sometimes I think piecing backings takes longer than piecing the fronts. Maybe because I don't like doing it??? Looks like you are on a roll so good luck with getting on that nice list!

kiwikid said...

Good to hear you have good workmates. The pieced backing looks great, good luck to you with the quilting.

Astrid said...

I find it difficult to choose backing that fits, and 'of course' when you discover a piece in your stash, it's NEVER big enough! I love the way you have designed the backing, it fits the quilt and it can be used both sides. Good luck on finishing your UFO's!

The Joyful Quilter said...

That pieced backing is SEW perfect, Chantal!!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Great save on the sports fabric backing! Good luck with your UFOs, I'm working on mine, too, but probably not enough to keep me off the naughty list!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a wonderful way to use that sports fabric backing! I hear you about quilting those UFOs. . .I've a few waiting in the wings myself!!! Best wishes on completing yours soon so you stay on the nice list!

gayle said...

Good for you for finding the best backs! Happy quilting!

Fiona said...

I almost always agonise over the backings.... I do like nice backing on a nice quilt.... and I love a pieced one best of all!!
Hugz

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great problem solving - your backing looks great. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Susie H said...

So funny about your tulips. We had a mini warm-up and I noticed daffodils sticking up the slightest tips! Good job on getting your backs situated. On to the quilting!!! Charge!