Sunday 17 January 2021

Slow Me Down Sunday

What a week that was! Glad it's over. I didn't have time to do the laundry, groceries, cooking, I am so grateful for my husband. (Well, I still have to do laundry today but I won't complain.) He worked for his keep this week, haha. Anywho! Not much sewing got done of course, but I did play with fabric this morning. 

We finally have our Winter Wonderland picture-perfect landscape Saturday! 

It snowed and snowed, up to 10" (25cm) of the white stuff. 
It came down fast and furious.

Everything is so beautiful this morning.

Goodbye brown landscape! I don't recall a winter so snowless. 

Pictured two weeks ago. 

But all is right in my world now. (Except for Covid! 😑)


About two weeks ago, I started thinking "what should I do for Cécile & Corinne's Challenge: Curves? They intimidate me." So, I decided on Orange Peel and applique. Yes, that would be good. I got the die cutter out and some solid coloured fabrics. 

Last week, some cutting happened.  

Way too much cutting happened. 


So today, I will slow down and stitch and pray for a dear, dear friend of mine. I forgot to take pictures of all the "options" I tried but here is what I think my layout will be. Still pondering. But this one looks good. ... Maybe. 

Do I like that dark leaf? 


Have a great week everyone! 
;^)

Joining 
Frédérique for Patchwork and Quilts
Cynthia for Oh Scraps! 







20 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

What a beautiful snowy winter scene you have to enjoy!
Happy Stitching!

Mad Cat Quilts said...

wow! that is snowy!

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful winter scenes! Happy stitching!

Quilting Babcia said...

Snowy indeed, so pretty as long as I don't have to drive in it! Have fun with your slow stitching, it looks so spring like and cheerful.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Jolis paysages ! J'espère que tout ira bien pour ton ami(e)...
Joli début de courbes ! J'aime beaucoup ton projet, il va être magnifique !

scraphappy said...

I do like the dark leaf. Looks like a fun layout. Best of luck with your curves!

kiwikid said...

Your snow photos are wonderful. Enjoy your leaves. I hope your friend is ok.

Fiona said...

That looks fun... are you going to reverse applique the scraps you cut your leaves from????? I love your colourful leaves
Hugz

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Enjoy your Sunday with your feet up. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Snow does look so pretty when it's brand new - and much better than when everything is brown! I like your beginnings with the orange peels, too!

Julierose said...

Gorgeous snow scenes--I think your choice of curve blocks is going to look beautiful...hugs, Julierose

PaintedThread said...

Ooh. I love the leaves. Even the dark one!

swooze said...

Yes! I love the dark leaf!

CecileD said...

Merci pour les jolies photos du Canada sous la neige !!
Tes blocs sont très prometteurs !!
Je croise les doigts pour ton amie Chantal... Bisous

quiltingbydawn said...

Yes, I like the leaves, lay out and the dark one too! A beautiful snowy scene!

Lin said...

Lovely snow pictures - its been awhile since I have seen some. I like your 'leaves' and the dark one is fine. xx

Ellen said...

The pictures do look nice - so glad you are enjoying the snow. :)

I like the dark leaf. I think it sort of anchors the rest and I really like the way you have then laid out.

Scrapatches said...

Beautiful snow photos. We had a ton of snow in December but January has rained and melted all the pretty white stuff. I am sure we will have more before winter departs. I love the leaves, including the dark one. Looking forward to following your progress. Thank you for linking up again this week ... :) Pat

Chookyblue...... said...

your snow is so pretty......

MissPat said...

We've had a fairly snowless winter so far, but we did have one morning where everything was covered in white. When it clings to the trees, it does create a winter wonderland. As long as I don't have to go out in it (and I haven't been going anywhere), it's beautiful. I like your orange peel leaves. I started some for RSC a few years ago, but didn't enjoy the technique, so they've been abandoned.
Pat