Friday 29 January 2021

Last Pink Saturday

That's it. Pink is all done. Nope, it's not all done. Here's what I did and didn't do.

I did a pink Tulip block back in December before Angela declared the colour of January. 


So, I made another one in January. 

Aren't they pretty? 

My own challenge for January was quilting the Smile quilt. I did sew a backing, got it all pinned, and started the quilting but I am far from done. 


I found some threads the colour I need for the quilting. Between Mettler, Gütermann, Signature, and Coats, I'm missing only yellow and aqua, that's not so bad. I might even use a blue thread for the aqua block. (Yes, I use a hair elastic to tie the bobbin to the spool. It works fine.) I'm thinking of using the cream coloured thread, far right, to quilt the rainbow block. Maybe. 

I did the orange block ... 

... and the red block. It's hard to see but they are quilted. 

With the pink one already done, there are only 9 more blocks to go. Almost done, hahaha. 

Depending on which colour Angela will say February is and which quilt is tagged to that colour, I might just continue quilting this one through the next month. 

I wanted to do some crumb blocks for the crumb bricks quilt, so I might continue with pink for a little bit longer. Technically, I still have tomorrow. :^D 

Hope you are all well and safe.


;^)

Joining my friends

Frédérique for Patchwork and Quilts
Cynthia for Oh Scraps! 



19 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on making progress on your M&M quilt, Chantal!! Nice job on searching out all of those thread colors.

swooze said...

Love your tulips. Your hand quilting looks like it will go quickly.

Lin said...

Yes, those tulips are very pretty! xx

Julierose said...

I love the positive/negative look of your tulips--so pretty.
Really nice work hugs, Julierose

quiltingbydawn said...

I like the tulip blocks! They are so pretty!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those tulip blocks are just great! Love the positive/negative sides. And just keep quilting that Smile quilt - before you know it you'll be done!

Fiona said...

I love your pink tulips. Great idea for organising your quilting threads and getting the quilting done... will be beautiful...
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Your tulip blocks are beautiful

scraphappy said...

Hope that your last day in January is productive and that your yellow blocks for February are just as pretty as those pink tulips.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

I just love the tulip blocks! They remind me of Art Deco designs. And your smile quilt will be extra-wonderful with colorful quilting threads.

gayle said...

I like how the tulip really pops into view when you set out multiple blocks - it's going to be a gorgeous quilt!
Enjoy that Smiley quilting!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Trop mignonnes ces tulipes ! Bravo pour l'avancée du quilting et aujourd'hui est le tout dernier jour pour le rose ;)

Deb said...

Love the pinks!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I am curious how those tulip blocks will look all together. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Barb said...

neat tulip blocks. pink in one of my favorite colors.

Sherry said...

Such a nice tulip block. Makes me think of spring. Come on SPRING!

Susie H said...

Looking good on the quilting front and soon you'll have a quilt 100% finished. Those Tulip blocks are sweet!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You will have to buy that yellow thread to quilt in February's color.

Scrapatches said...

I sew love these pink tulip blocks. The quilting is looking good. Thank you so much, Chantal, for linking up this bright and happy quilty goodness ... :) Pat