Saturday 6 February 2021

Hello Yellow

February is the Yellow Month. My personal Yellow challenge is the Buttons and Spools quilt, made in 2020. It needs a back, pinning, and quilting just like the Smile quilt did in January. So, instead of having two quilts half quilted at the end of February, I will just continue to work on Smile. :^)

(Yes, I know, it's only the second month of the year and I'm already breaking the rules. That's the prerogative of being the maker of the rules. Hehehe.)

BUT, I will be working with yellow to do things like this.




Before all this, I had to finish a few things with the pink fabric, like these two crumb blocks I had started. 

Then I saw the little pieces leftover from the pink tulip. Well, I'm not one to throw away some good fabrics, so ... 

... tiny little Shoo Fly blocks were made. They measure 3.5 inches. Then I had to hunt down the other tulips' corners. 

I did find the yellow ones,  
but can't locate the red ones. I'm sure they'll show up eventually. My sewing room needs a good tidy-up session. 

Anywho! I'm hook on tiny little blocks again. They are so cute! 


Now that I have another tulip block finished, I can sew two more Shoo Fly blocks. Yay! 

My hand sewing project is coming along too. 

All the yellow leaves are done. I am working on the green one on top. Twelve leaves are done, eight to go. I know the background looks blue but, believe me, it is actually white. 

One final picture to remind me that I am only as good as my coffee is. 
Bloopers are part of my daily routine. 😋

Happy sewing! 

;^) 

Joining: 
Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitches
Frédérique for Patchwork and Quilts
Pat at Life in a Scrapatch for Stitch Sew and Show


















20 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Que c'est lumineux, joyeux et beau tout ce jaune ! Haha, ton café est presque bon ? ;-)) Les minis blocs sont adorables, les roses, et les jaunes !

Maggie said...

Funny how the small projects which have those smaller blocks get us every time. Love your shoe fly blocks.

karenbbsnow said...

I love your shoe fly blocks, the tinier the cuter, right?

MissPat said...

I went back and forth between those tulips blocks until I figured out the blooper. You are a glutton for tiny blocks.
Pat

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I am always glad that we all make our own quilting rules! I enjoyed seeing your pink and yellow blocks, Chantal - bloopers keep us humble, right?!

Marly said...

Rules are made to be broken! I've not started on my "yellow" month's UFO yet either, apart from taking a photo of its present state. I'm glad you've found a purpose for your scrap triangles from the tulip blocks; those shoo fly blocks are sweet.

Ivani said...

Love those tiny shoo-fly!

Karrin Hurd said...

Great blocks!

scraphappy said...

Those tiny blocks are adorable. Keep breaking the rules. You are happy and productive. That is more than most!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I like to all them guidelines rather than rules. I break them all the time:)

Lovely blocks. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Margo Yang said...

Yellow is one of my favorite colors. Love all your blocks.

Kim said...

Well, rules were always made to be broken. Love all the pretty pink and yellow happiness to be enjoyed here. So many sweet little blocks.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE your sweet YELLOW Shoo Fly blocks (and the fact that you share your bloopers with us, Chantal!!)

CathieJ said...

I love your final comment. I guess your coffee wasn't good enough that day. All of your blocks are very pretty. Enjoy your stitching.

Fiona said...

some lovely projects... great to have the variety... yes bloopers are needed to keep us grounded!!
Hugz

Jenny said...

We all make bloopers!

Barb said...

bloopers make things interesting,lol.
Yellow is the perfect color for February which can be dreary.

Scrapatches said...

Yellow is my favorite color so I love these tulip bl0cks. The yellow shoo-fly ones are lovely, too. I have so many crumbs, I need to sew more crumb blocks. They make lovely scrap quilts. Your leaves are looking lovely. Thank you for making my quilty day sunny ... :) Pat

gayle said...

Those little shooflies are adorable!

marina said...

love your tulip and little shoo fly blocks!
the quilt in your header is breathtaking, what a beauty!