Saturday 14 August 2021

Lots of Sewing With Nothing to Show

This week, I did two 9-Patch blocks. Two Aqua 9-Patch blocks, that is. 


That's all. 


Have a great day, everyone! 

;^) 




What? You don't believe me? 

It's true. That's all the new stuff I can show you. Everything else is so last week's news. 


I finished the crumb blocks from last week ... but you already know that. 

... 3 aqua blocks ...  


... and 3 dark blue blocks. 


Group photo because I like to take group photos. 



The other thing I worked on was a large slab of dark blue tiny little pieces, measuring 17 X 23 inches. But that's boring to show, right? 




Okay, so it's for a new dark blue scrap basket which I need as I'm asking way too much of the first one. Ha! 

But it's not finished ... so not really interesting, right? 




But it's not quilted yet. 





Okay. Here it is. 
It took forever to construct this slab but the quilting can finally start. You might notice the path across the slab, from left to right, about halfway up, or down, which measures 2" high. It gives you an idea of how big this thing is and how many pieces are used here. 


Clicking on pictures to zoom in.




This picture might help too. The aqua corner piece is 1.25 inches. Those dark blue pieces are too small to do anything with, but they remind me of projects I did and I couldn't throw them away. I finally have a chance to use them. Yay! 


Like this rejected diamond piece from the 365 Challenge Ultimate Sampler that I included. It finishes at 1.5 X 3" so a big piece compared to others, lol. 

Crumb or slab blocks are the ultimate no-brainer sewing projects. No seams match, nothing is straight but all is perfect. You can't beat that! 😁



Anywho! Like I said, all I did worth showing are two 9-Patch blocks. 😊


Have a great day, everyone. 

;^) 

P.S. 
If any of you need rain, please, please, PLEASE, come and get some. As much as you want. It rained every evening this week. It never takes away the mugginess. It's hot, humid, sticky, and stinky around the clock! It smells like mildew and feels like the Rain Forest. My deck, which barely has time to dry between showers, tries to promote a new Shrek treatment by sporting a permanent green tinge. 

Other places are so desperate for rain.

Take care. ;^)


Joining
Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework
Denise at For the Love of Geese
Pat at Life in a Scrapatch









13 comments:

Randy D. said...

Don't you hate when you work on a project and it doesn't seem like there's much to show for it??! I do love your crumb blocks! They are fabulous!
And I will be happy to take some of your rain. California is SO dry. If only....

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Tous tes blocs sont beaux, récents ou non ;-)) J'adore le bloc bleu avec tous ces minuscules bouts, et oui, je reconnais le bloc du 365 challenge !

Maggie said...

We can definitely gift the rain to the ones who need it so desperately, aqua anybody? On the wings of angels it is going to the areas that need it most. Beautiful blocks!

Fiona said...

I love the little scrappy crumb blocks and seeing even tiny pieces being used.... lots of fun....
Hugz

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You could sure send some of that rain out here to hot, dry Colorado! Meanwhile your refreshing aqua and cool blues will have to do. Your slab of dark blue crumbs is beautiful!

Lin said...

I love my crumb blocks for their little scraps of memories. Your large piece was a great work of patience I must say. xx

CecileD said...

Joli travail aux multiples nuances de bleus Chantal !
Il faut faire la danse de la pluie comme les indiens ! Ca va peut-être marcher ... !
Gros bisous

gayle said...

Hmm... If you use your blue scraps to make a blue scrap basket, will you still have any blue scraps left to put in it? ;)

Ivani said...

Lots of fun on that slab/ crimes.Love The aqua nine patchs are great, beautiful fabrics.Please send some Water for me.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Oh yes, please send some rain to the PNW. It has been so hot here for so many months now. Love your color blocks. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

MissPat said...

I've been making crumb blocks at 4.5" and 6.5", but I haven't actually used them for anything. Oh wait, I did use one as the center of a star block. I'll pass on the rain in favor of some of the others who need it more.
Pat

The Joyful Quilter said...

Pretty aqua 9-Patches and Slabs, Chantal!! Two of my all time favorite blocks.

Rose said...

I wish I could bring myself to do some crumb sewing. These blocks always look so interesting. Maybe one day.