Saturday 21 August 2021

Sew Much

There's so much of everything lately. So much rain, so much sickening news, so many changes, so many masks, so many holes, so much fabric, ... oh, I like that one. Let's dwell on that one. 😉


In my first layout plan for the tulip quilt, I hadn't considered Aqua as a colour to do but now that we are in the Aqua month, I'm thinking I should add it in. 



I found some remnants in the gifted bags and sewed one up. What do you think? 


I have very little aqua fabric but found these. They are either dark or light. Some kind of go together but it is a long shot. Oh well, it will have to do. 



The August Personal Rainbow UFO Challenge got together. 


I have found a back for it too. On with the pinning. Do I have the time to quilt it? 


So much fabric. The cleaning continues.
The blue basket is all done and half-filled. It holds dark blue of course and all the blue batiks. 


The neutrals were next. The container is a 40 cup Rubbermaid bin. 



I separated the white scraps from the beige ones and ended up with this. 

White and ivory in the bag, beige in the container, and the pile next to the container are all scraps with colours on them. Not sure where I should add them.  I haven't removed all the tiny little bits to make a basket from the neutrals because I am second-guessing myself on this one. Do I want one or two baskets? Or should I make another basket for neutral with colours? If I make a white basket, there won't be much left in the basket. Should I do just one neutral basket? 🤔

So many fabrics. Carole, my sweet friend, brought me more bags of scraps. Yay! Amongst other things, she brought me a gazillion of triangles. 🤣 

Each little Ziplock bag has one quilt worth of triangles except for the 1930's reproductions. It looks like 2, even 3 quilts worth of triangles. Whoohoo! 

I'll be making HSTs for the rest of my life. 🤣🤣

Talking about HSTs, I did one block in light blue...


... and one (almost done) in beige. 
I've just noticed it is spinning the wrong way ... again. Blooper averted! 😀


Let's go back at the beginning for a second and dwell a little bit on "so many holes". 

I did something that I should have done a long, long time ago. Procrastination is such a dead stop! Eventually, a time comes when you just can't ignore the problem any longer. 

There were so many holes. Then, some holes turned into a giant one. 


I saw on the Net a rapid way to make a new ironing board cover. You cut the ribbon or folded fabric that holds the twine to attach the cover, and you sew it to the new one. It didn't take 30 minutes and all was done. 
I'm so happy with the new one. The iron doesn't get stuck in the holes anymore! Should have done that a long time ago. I cut my fabric too big. I didn't take into account the amount of fabric added by the twine section. Lesson learned for next one. 😉 



Monday will find me at work in the office. I am going back full-time. I need to make more masks so I can change during the day. My days of working from home are done. No more sewing during lunch break! Gosh! I'm gonna miss that. 

Him too, I will miss. 



Have a great weekend. 

;^)


Joining
Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework
Denise at For the Love of Geese
Pat at Life in a Scrapatch



20 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Les blocs aqua sont très beaux, j'aime beaucoup cette couleur. Bravo pour le rangement des chutes de tissu, même si c'est un peu casse-tête ;)) Belle nouvelle housse pour le repassage aussi, ça change tout !
Moi aussi je reprends le travail la semaine prochaine... courage !

Quilter Kathy said...

OH MY goodness it's HST heaven! And scraps heaven!
I want to be organized like that too one day!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hurray for AQUA Tulips in the making and MORE scraps!!!

Deb A said...

Wow - working at the office will be quite a change. I hope the furry friend gets lots of cuddles Monday night. The new ironing cover looks great. So many HST's but boy are they versatile. Have a good week.

Scrapatches said...

Your pretty tulip blocks always brighten my day! The HSTs block are looking good, too. I have made new ironing board covers in a similar manner. I always love the clean new pressing surface. May your sewing and stitching be a nice end to your work day. Looks like I will be sewing masks for my husband again soon. Stay well and safe... :) Pat

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your tulips, Chantal! Absolutely, they need that aqua one. Great job wrangling those scraps and HSTs into submission, too!

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Sorry you have to go back to the office. It's nice working from home. But a bit lonely sometimes.

Fiona said...

You have done lots of lovely sewing... and I see lots more to come with all your pieces... hope all goes well back at work...
Hugz

Lin said...

Decisions, decisions! Nice blocks though and basket. Always good to have a new ironing board cover. xx

cityquilter grace said...

love those tulip blocks! i agree with the entire opening paragraph!

MissPat said...

Since you don't have a lot of white scraps, why not make one neutral basket with the creams/beiges and then just put the whites in a ziplock and stash it in the basket. That way it will be easy to pull out and when (if) you get more white you could make a separate basket then. And yes, we do put off doing some tasks way too long like replacing ironing board covers or changing out the rotary blade or machine needle. Hope the back to the office routine isn't too stressful.
Pat

Bonnie said...

I really like the aqua tulip. I think it continues the lovely spring feel of the block. As to whether to put whites with beiges two things came to mind: do you have enough room for all of your baskets? (I'm not doing several colors because I don't have room for them and some won't have much in them if I did.) Do you tend to use only white scraps or beige scraps but not together? If so 2 makes sense. If you tend to use them together one should do it. Glad you changed out the ironing board cover. It's always nice to have a fresh clean cover. Sorry you have to go back to the office. Stay safe!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

New scraps are always a treasure. Bummer you have to go back to work (says the introvert). Stay safe!!

Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Marly said...

Have a great time with all those triangles! I hope your first day back in the office has gone well; it must feel strange after so long working from home.

Rebecca Grace said...

I love those positive/negative symmetry tulip blocks you're making. So crisp and precise! Hopefully your transition back to office life will be smooth. I need to make some more masks, too, but I'm really dreading it. I wanted the Time of Masks to be a chapter in the history books, not something that keeps coming around again and again!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Those tulip blocks are very special! And my what a lot of triangles and lots for those intriguing blocks you are working on. Lovely stitching and good luck with back to work! Do be safe.

gayle said...

I love your Tulips! They're really amazing all gathered together like that!
And I LOVE your star quilt! It's gorgeous!

Ivani said...

Your tulip blocks look so well together. You will have fun sewing all those HTS. Your filmsy for August Personal Rainbow UFO Challenge is gorgeous. Hope everything goes well with your return to the office. Have a blessed week.

Scrapatches said...

Kitty will miss you, too. May your return to in person work go well and smoothly. May you be well and safe. May your sewing time be happy and productive. Thank you for sharing this week in my linky party ... :) Pat

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Your tulips are so cute!!! Love the positive/negative effect! Best wishes for back to the physical building.