Saturday 18 June 2022

Prepping the Blues

A busy week at work left me with little energy in the evenings. I did some sewing but most of it was done last weekend. 

My Scrap Jar Star block had an issue! 

The left side is not sewn backward because if you check the corner units they are in the right position. The goose is the problem. I sewed the goose with the darks together. Didn't realize my mistake when I sewed the corner units to the goose. Didn't realize my mistake when I ironed it. Didn't realize my mistake when I sewed that strip to the star. So when DID I notice my mistake? I saw my mistake when I put the piece under the iron for the final press! 😣 It's time you go to bed, Chantal. 

Of course, it got fixed. Much better. 😊


Since Angela called it "Dark and bright blue month", I feel compelled to make another Scrap Jar Star. Some scraps were selected.  




Jericho Wall is very dark, and even a little sinister, in dark blue. 

Not sure I'll make a second dark blue one but I've pulled some scraps to make two bright ones. 

What do you think? I believe these will be more fun to make. 


Some easy sewing was done. Building crumb blocks takes no brain at all. 


A placemat was also started. 


That's all for now. 

We were stuck in a series of storms. It was very dark and gloomy for the last three days and the tornado alert was heard but not much happened here. We got lots of rain and strong winds on and off but no damage. Phew! Today is a glorious sun-shining day and I'm gonna enjoy it! 

Happy weekend everyone. 

;^) 

Joining 
Angela at So Scrappy 
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts








13 comments:

Sara said...

Oops! I've made the exact same mistake with those star block points. You have some really pretty blues selected for the blocks.

Ivani said...

Oh yeah an issue, who never?
All the blocks are pretty and the bright blue scraps selected for the new ones look great. Enjoy the nice temperatures. Have a grat day!

Quilting Babcia said...

All the pretty blues come out to play! we also had tornado warnings throughout WNY, there was a straight line wind that went through about 40 miles north of us that clocked at 100 mph. Quite a bit of damage along its path. Just some tree limbs down around here..

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love all your blues, darks and brights! Glad your scrapjar star wasn't too hard to fix. It's going to be pretty in the bright blues, too!

Fiona said...

Ooopsie.... amazing how often a mistake is only noticed near the end!! lovely blue blocks... Glad you didn't get tornadoed.... it is worrying for you though with it around...
Hugz

Lin said...

Lots of lovely blues there. So annoying when such an obvious mistake completely passes you by! Enjoy the sunshine. xx

MissPat said...

That wind storm (or maybe it's cousin) that Quilting Babcia mentioned went through 10 miles south of us. I drove through the area yesterday and the amount of tree damage in a very narrow corridor was incredible. There were very mature trees totally uprooted in a cemetery and lots of branches down. And we had nothing but dark clouds.
I think we've all had oopsies that appear until much later, even though they are obvious once seen.
Pat

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Such pretty blue scraps in your post! Glad you saw the problem with your star before it ended up in the quilt! (I've had a few like that, sadly.) Thank goodness for seam rippers.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I chuckled over your issue and said "atta girl" for discovering it before the final press took place. . . .I didn't discover an error once until I was quilting the project. . . .sigh. . .that look some effort to repair! Your crumb blocks are looking great. I'm glad the storms in your area haven't caused any damage. Enjoy your beautiful day!

Angie in SoCal said...

Glad the tornados were nowhere near you. Blocks look great.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

That scrap jar star block is so good!!! Of course you'd catch up with the slip sooner or later. We all run into those occasionally! Love the Jericho Wall, too! Doesn't look the least bit sinister to me!?! Such cute crumb blocks! You've got a lot of RSCs going on!!! I'm thinking about what I'm going to do next year...

Bonnie said...

Terrific Scrap Jar Star blocks. I relate to sewing something wrong when I'm tired. At least it is fixed now!

Susie H said...

Your 1st attempt at the star cracked me up. Been there, done that! The mistake isn't so much the problem as not seeing it for so many pressings! Ha! Turned out pretty!