Saturday 4 June 2022

New Month - New Challenges

It's always fun to start the month with Angela from So Scrappy. Playing with the newest colour is so motivating. She called June, the blue month. This will be quite a challenge for me as I barely have any blue scraps. Bwahahaha! I'm definitively pulling your legs on that one. But let's finish with the dark greens first. Here we go.

Not much was done as free time was rare but I did manage to finish four blocks for the solid fabric quilt.


Along with some 9-Patches. 


I couldn't resist opening the bag of little blue scraps. Some pieces were big enough for a 9-patch or two. 😃 I also cut some pieces for ... 


... a dark blue Scrap Jar Star block. So far, so cool. 

I have to nurse Raven this weekend as he just had the BIG operation on Friday. The poor thing hasn't figured out how to walk up the stairs or drink water with his cone. He's a smart cookie though, I am confident he will figure it out before I get back to work on Monday. 😉

Raven sitting in his "jungle" in our backyard with the cone and a partly-shaved leg after the OP. 


DH, with his brothers, has to empty his father's garage. They can't sell the house for all the stuff still left in it. So, they decided to have an auction this weekend. Well, an auction with the family only, so it's not precisely an estate sale but a fun family gathering. Items are priced at a dollar or two. The money will go to their mom and what's left will be donated to second-hand stores. DH is the auctioneer. That'll be fun to watch. 😄


That's all I have, folks. 

Happy sewing. 
;^)


Joining Angela at So Scrappy
Frérérique at Patchwork and Quilts
Cynthia for Oh Scrap! 




12 comments:

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Poor Raven! Cats always look really angry when they have to wear a cone! Hope he's healed soon. Your solid blocks are pretty, and I am loving those scrappy nine patches.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pretty greens in your solid fabric blocks! I admit to having lots of blues, too - I keep finding more than I even realized. Poor Raven! It does look a bit challenging toget your tongue into the water bowl with that cone on.

scraphappy said...

Glad that you were able to find a few blue scraps to get you started. Poor little kitty! I hope he is feeling better soon. Enjoy the auction. Sounds like a fun way to clean out the garage.

Jenny said...

I always enjoy making nine patch blocks, yours look great. Poor cat, they hate those cones. When our Gemma as "fixed" a couple of years ago I had to take her cone off for her to feed, then put it straight back on again. Poor thing, she must have wondered why she was being punished.

Fiona said...

You always find lots to do with your scraps.... Poor Raven! I love the idea of a family auction - might be a lot of laughing involved...
Hugz

PaintedThread said...

Raven does not look pleased. I like your blocks. Have fun at the auction!

Cathy said...

Gentle hugs and copious scratches to Raven. Glad you got your greens finished before embarking on the blues! That family auction must’ve been a hoot, which is what you’d expect from a normal family. Something similar to that happened once (decades ago) in my family and it literally turned into a brawl. There were some hot Hungarian tempers involved, and that’s all I’m gonna say ‘bout that!

Lin said...

Nice to get on to the blues - a favourite colour of mine. Poor Raven looking very sad. Have fun at 'The Sale'. xx

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

A family auction--what a great idea! Love your green solid blocks. What's the name of that block? You've got a nice variety of RSC projects going. Best wishes for Raven, too.

Angie in SoCal said...

Hope you make lots of money for your Mom. Why not a regular yard sale after the auction - you'll make more money for her. Blessings, Love your bloks.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Poor Raven. Hopefully he's feeling better soon.

Barb said...

nice scrappy blocks!
Oooh poor kittie. He will figure it out but it's hard to see them struggle. Nutmeg slept a lot when she had her cone one.
I used to love country auctions when I lived in Illinois. what fun.