Friday 10 November 2023

I Woke Up and It Was Winter

Like many of you, we got some snow for Halloween.


Well, it's better than looking at a sepia-tone landscape. 


It didn't last, but I still had to make a flaky friend. 


It wasn't easy as the snow was very wet. My new friend 2023, lol. 

Anywho! 

Sewing a little here and there moves things along.
Irish Chain Star is a top. Yay! 
All borders are attached. 

Lorraine asked where to find this pattern. (Lorraine, you are a no-reply comment. I hope you visit my blog often enough to get this information. Enjoy!) I found the pattern on the Wedding Dress Blue blog. 



While finishing Irish Star, my leader-ender project was to sew little bits of brown to make "yardage". I'm not close to a finished scrap basket, but it is a start. 

 

I got a few stitches in Ohio Star Shadow.


The two light blue blocks are done, meaning the centre is all quilted. I am now working on the split Ohio Star in brown. Only 72 blocks to go. 

Raven feels the cold coming. He is growing himself a winter coat. 


I have a hard time taking nice pictures of him because he always comes to me when he sees me. 

"Hey, Mom! Since you are not busy, how about petting me? Com'on! Just half an hour massage would be nice." 😽



That's all for now. I have lots of mending to do next week. (Yuck!) I'll be happy when it is all done. 
Whatever you do, enjoy it! ;^)


Joining my group of talented ladies:









22 comments:

MissPat said...

Yay for the Irish Star finish, such scrappy goodness. Ugh for the snow. We've only had a few flurries, but it's been grey, gloomy and chilly. Your cat looks like he's stalking you.
Pat

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love your quilt! sorry about the snow (unless you like it) it is pretty

Fiona said...

Your Irish Chain Star is just glorious... I love it (and thanks for the link) Brr that looks a cold spell - gotta fit in a snowman...
Hugz

Lin said...

Your Irish Star is gorgeous! Love it.
Haha, I had the same problem with the cat we had in France, she would always make a beeline straight for me when I pointed the camera her way. xx

Jenny said...

LOve those stars! Such a magnificent cat in his winter coat.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

The Irish Chain Stars is a stunning one. Love the scrappy look.

gayle said...

Goodness gracious, Raven is fluffy!
I love your stars quilt, and that little snowfriend is (was) adorable!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Irish Chain Star is BEAUTIFUL!!! And yes, we had some snow here on halloween, too. I do hope this winter is nice to all of us!

Mari said...

Love the Irish Chain Star! So very cheerful. And the snow pictures are great. The best way to enjoy snow-- in pictures! :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Irish Chain Star quilt is just gorgeous, Chantal! You know I love all thar scrappy color. Pretty snow view out your window, too. Have fun stitching up those crumb blocks - I might do a little of that this afternoon, too!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Bravo pour avoir terminé le top de Irish Chain Star, il est lumineux et joyeux ! Parfait pour ce temps hivernal ;) Tes autres projets avancent bien aussi.
Merci pour le partage !

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your Irish Chain Star is beautiful! Thanks for including the link. . .I think I may "need" to start one of these! While I like the beauty of new fallen snow, I'd much rather enjoy a spring or summer rain. I love Raven's mantra. . .

Quilter Kathy said...

Congrats on your gorgeous scrappy Irish Chain - I love it! Love to see your hand quilting progress! Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Deanna W said...

Your Irish chain quilt is wonderful. I love scrappy quilts like that. I also did a similar quilt and now have it on my bed.

Karrin Hurd said...

Your quilt is beautiful, and I love your scrappy brown yardage.

Sara said...

The Irish Chain Star is such a beautiful design. Love it!

QuiltGranma said...

You are making great progress, so much faster than I am.

Vicki in MN said...

Love the scrappy star chain top!

Quilting Babcia said...

Love your Irish Chain Stars! A labor of love! Raven is a hulk of a cat in his new winter coat - adorable.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Surprise Snow!! haha!
Your scrappy Irish Star takes care of the plain white - it will pop in the snow!! love this quilt!

Astrid said...

Love your scrappy irish star quilt, so pretty! I have been eyeing this pattern too. Snow? BRRRR! Cute snowman, is he still standing? Handsome Raven.

maggie fellow said...

wonderful scrappy quilt - congrats