Saturday 11 May 2024

But I'm Not Done Playing With Yellow!

I feel cheated. I had so many more yellow scraps to sew. 😞

Early Saturday (this) morning, I did the second tulip. This is the first time the sewing machine has been turned on since I started working two weeks ago. What a pleasure it was to sew that tulip!


The top part of the tulips has the same print. What are the odds that I have the same print in the colour Angela called for this month! I ONLY have this print in those two colours, btw!! Angela? Are you spying on getting inspired by my stash? LOL. 

This block is a donation to the Quilts for Survivors. Michele's quilts are heading there too. Look how beautiful her two quilts are.   






I'm in love with this collection. 

This morning, I finished a 6.5 X 8.5" crumb block made with darker yellow scraps. 


Once all the yellow pieces are back in the bags, I'll take a picture to compare with the beginning of the month. I'm not expecting much of a difference between the pictures as not much sewing got done. 
But these were made before the job started. 

I have more cut pieces that I want to sew before putting yellow away. 



Decluttering with Joy ( 100 Days 100 Things Decluttered )

Does deleting emails count as decluttering? I've done a lot of that. The job-searching sites were deleted and the presentation letters, lots of those. Lots of paper from my "ex" job moved to the recycling bin (the union convention booklet and stuff like that).

In the past weeks, I did many loads of laundry. Working with young children and then for the welfare office aren't places where you dress to a tee. But working with lawyers, it's goodbye jeans; hello dresses! 

A T-shirt with the company's logo was sent to the secondhand store along with others that don't fit me any more and shoes too. A pair of pants size 4! Nah! I'll never fit in that again. Goodbye! 

The closet has now room for new stuff. Yay! 

We had rain and weak sun most of the time. Some of the same for the weekend. My backyard is looking glorious though. 

Have a great week. 
;^)


Joining these talented ladies during the week: 
Cynthia for Oh Scrap
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts 
Alycia for Finished or NOT Finished Friday
NinaMarie at Creations - Quilts, Art, Whatever















11 comments:

Mari said...

What lovely spring flowers. I couldn't tell they were the same print right away, then I went back and looked. They are still lovely, and in my favorite colors, too!

Julierose said...

Your tulips are delightful!!
You have a lot of pretty yellow projects in progress--
I think the donation quilt came out great--nice work--someone will be very happy and comfy;)))
Hugs, Julierose

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Oh c'est drôle que les 2 tulipes aient le même imprimé ! J'aime aussi beaucoup le tissu doré et rose. Les quilts de Michele sont beaux, le tissu de dos rose fait un joli contraste avec le devant.
Bravo pour tous tes blocs jaunes !
Changer de travail c'est souvent changer de garde-robe, j'espère que tu peux quand même t'habiller comme tu aimes et comme tu te sens bien !
Merci pour le partage ;)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

A new job will take over the sewing time pretty quickly! Glad you got a little bit in this morning. I love your tulips - that's a great block! And Michelle's quilt is cozy and comforting - someone is definitely going to love it.

Fiona said...

Great work with the yellows, time is so much less for sewing now so you did well... and Michelles quilts are lovely - Deleting emails is deffinitely decluttering ....
Hugz

Lin said...

Those two quilts are lovely. Nice to have those two fabrics working nicely together on your tulips. Yes, decluttering your emails definitely counts! I need to do the same. Have a good week. xx

Sara said...

I hope your new job goes well for you. And that you find a good balance with your sewing time. I have a lot more yellow I could be sewing too. But the pink really has overflowed in my stash and scraps.

Susie H said...

I feel like decluttering your email IN box counts ... maybe even double! Such a chore! Your yellow blocks look great and I'm happy to hear you are getting on with the new job. Have a good week and don't forget to make time to sew!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Absolutely, decluttering your In Box counts!! I hope the new job is a good fit. I like your tulip blocks. I hope you will be able to make time to sew as you adjust to new routines!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Such pretty tulip blocks, and a nice yellow crumb block, too! Great job on the decluttering, which is something I know I should do more of! Have a great week!

Chookyblue...... said...

your quilt is lovely.......I like the tulip blocks also and have a tulip quilt planned myself......