Saturday 27 April 2024

Merry Yellow

At one point, I realized I didn't have a lot of yellow scraps. I never made a yellow scrap basket so all the scraps I have were in those three bags pictured at the beginning of the month. I had to create some more to get diversity.

The RSC block was finished along with a second crumb block. The misery of the construction of the Double Halo Star was caused by the centre block not being the right size. Everything was easy peasy after I made the correction. I am now ready for the next colour. Yay! 


The Ottawa Modern Quilt Guild, which I follow but am not a member of, posted the block of the month for April and ... well ... 


The block measures 8.5 X 16 inches. I tweaked the bottom half of the tulip to have the block at 16.5" in length. Adding a second tulip as OMQG did will make a 16.5" square block which is what the Quilts for Survivors asks for. I'll try to make 2 or 3 blocks for QFS.

April is turning out to be such a busy month. I've run all over the country leaving very little time for sewing. DS2 decided to go to college and he's starting May 6th. So, we got all the school supplies and financial paperwork, photo ID, etc. DS3 needed lots of paperwork too from police checks and Ministry of Transport documents to be accepted for truck school. He's starting in June. DH had two teeth extracted and he's miserable! 

Now, my turn!
Did an interview last week via TEAM. Did an in-person interview with the same ladies this Tuesday and started working on Thursday for the law firm. Yay me! It's an administration position so my back should be happy with that. My brain, at the end of the day, is a different story, lol. But I'm happy. So happy, for the boys and me. Thank you all for your support and good wishes. I truly appreciate it. 

New workplace: 
Tiffany sitting at the front desk. 


The conference room. Are the lighting fixtures reminding you of buttons or is it just me, missing sewing to the point of seeing notions everywhere? 

Today, Saturday is the Artisanat Exposition and Bake Sale. I need to get baking and get out there to help. Pictures in next week's post. 


Have a great day. 
;^) 

Joining these talented ladies during the week: 
Cynthia for Oh Scrap
Angela at So Scrappy






14 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Good news about the job! I do hope you like it and have no back issues. Pretty yellow blocks, too - every little bit counts!

Twyla said...

Congratulations on the job. Good luck. It does look like a great office space.
Love the double halo star.

MissPat said...

Congratulations on the new job. Pretty nice looking digs. I hope it works out and things settle down again. Also, congratulations to your two sons for making forward progress with their own goals.
Pat

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice work on your YELLOW sewing during such a busy week. Congratulations on your new job, Chantal!! It looks like a lovely place.

Quilting Babcia said...

Such wonderful news today, for you and your sons! Congratulations on the new job, I hope it is everything you need at this point. I hope your husband is much better now. My hubby has major dental work coming up on Monday and he's already none too happy about that.

Lin said...

Such great news Chantal, so pleased for you! Gosh, what a busy week. Still, good to know everyone is on track - apart perhaps for the poor dentist visitor! Hope he perks up soon. Love the yellows, the tulip is a winner. xx

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Félicitations pour ce nouveau travail ! Le bureaux sont élégants, et oui, les luminaires ressemblent beaucoup à des boutons ;))
Tes blocks jaunes sont très réussis, la tulipe est adorable.
Bon courage à toute la famille pour les différents tracas !

PaintedThread said...

Yay for the good news all around, and congrats on the job. I agree - those light fixtures look like buttons. I really like your Double Halo Star block, too.

Fiona said...

Oh congratulations on the new job, sounds like that coiuld be a great place to work and interesting too..... yay.... but you will miss your sewing time!!! Great yellow work!
Hugz

Astrid said...

Congratulations on your new job! It sounds like a nice place, hope it works out for you. Pretty yellow blocks. Hope your DH has recovered from the teeth extraction!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Hurray! Congratulations on the new job. My daughter works for a law firm. It can be challenging but she's happy there. Thanks for mentioning Quilts for Survivors, I hadn't heard of that. Love the star, now that it's behaving! Have a great week!

QuiltGranma said...

You may have mentioned before about Quilts for Survivors, but right now I'm clueless. Survived what? Thanks for answering.

gayle said...

Those lighting fixtures are definitely buttons! Well spotted!
And I'm happy for all your good news!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

GO You!!!!! Congrats on the new position!!! I think that would be a very interesting job!! and congrats to the boys - sounds like things are smoothing out a bit!!
Love all your happy yellowes!