Riiiiigghhtt!!!!
These 3 prints are one above the other one, meaning in different rows but same column. My brain told me the colours were evenly spread. I forgot to ask my brain if the PATTERNS were repetitive!
I've been doing very well with the quilting on this quilt - Friends' Favourite.
The hardest part is the first and last block of each row. As you can see the quilt is so big that it's very close to the frame. It is very awkward and cumbersome to sew the end blocks. It takes me longer than the rest of the row.
There are 16 blocks per row. So, I was thinking: if I quilt 2 blocks a day there would be 14 blocks done at the end of the week. So, if I were to quilt 2 blocks and a bit, I could finish one row every week. 😲
I know I shouldn't push myself like this because I don't want it to become a chore. It is a relaxing exercise and I want to keep it that way but GOSH! it's tempting.
With September sitting on my doorstep, the winter routine will start soon. Actually, September first is my group first meeting, so I wouldn't be able to quilt that evening. Then, the baby quilt drive will take center stage once again, not to mention a retreat in October. This means many evening with no quilting. As life gets busier, it will become harder to keep that fast pace of 2 blocks and a bit per week.
While I sewed some pieced-backings for the baby quilts, I managed to get a few crumbs blocks together. And a star.
And you are so proud of this beautiful scrappy quilt that you decide to hand quilt it.
The brain is such a wonderful piece of art. Since the beginning of time, humans have sorted and stored things. Innocently, it started with grains and seeds to grow them again the next year, making sure not to mix the seeds, etc., and things evolved and we started sorting and storing bigger things by categories and labelling everything, etc.
I believe this process is now in my brain DNA. Look at a close-up of the image above. What do you see?
Circles,
These 3 prints are one above the other one, meaning in different rows but same column. My brain told me the colours were evenly spread. I forgot to ask my brain if the PATTERNS were repetitive!
Now, if we look at the left of these circles, we will see a fox
I am NOT kidding you. Go back up to the second image and it's all there.
Did you see the green dot to the left of the fox? Guess what?
I have one of the craziest brain. Even when I don't want to overthink something and have it all sorted out, I do it anyway! I'm SO good. 😇😂
I've been doing very well with the quilting on this quilt - Friends' Favourite.
If I quilt one block a day, it will be done by March 18, 2027. That is the challenge.
Meaning on Monday, August 17, I should have 40 blocks done. Instead, I had 48 blocks done, INCLUDING the sashing. Three rows were done. Yay me!!
The hardest part is the first and last block of each row. As you can see the quilt is so big that it's very close to the frame. It is very awkward and cumbersome to sew the end blocks. It takes me longer than the rest of the row.
![]() |
| Some crumbs got together |
There are 16 blocks per row. So, I was thinking: if I quilt 2 blocks a day there would be 14 blocks done at the end of the week. So, if I were to quilt 2 blocks and a bit, I could finish one row every week. 😲
![]() |
| More crumbs |
I know I shouldn't push myself like this because I don't want it to become a chore. It is a relaxing exercise and I want to keep it that way but GOSH! it's tempting.
![]() |
| Just one more crumb block, I promise |
With September sitting on my doorstep, the winter routine will start soon. Actually, September first is my group first meeting, so I wouldn't be able to quilt that evening. Then, the baby quilt drive will take center stage once again, not to mention a retreat in October. This means many evening with no quilting. As life gets busier, it will become harder to keep that fast pace of 2 blocks and a bit per week.
So, on Monday, August 24, I had the fourth row finished. WHHAAATT!!?? Yes, because I though I might as well make the most of it while I can because soon I'll be too busy. There are days when I don't really feel like quilting and then I hear myself say "get the sucker done and move on" and I just do it. Lol.
Now that my fingers and wrist are stronger compared to the first few days of quilting, I can quilt longer. The issue now is my back. It's started to complain. It doesn't like the long sitting session, bent over the quilt. It will be another thing to take into consideration in my 2 blocks and a bit per week shenanigans.
![]() |
| This one, I did do on purpose. They aren't the same print as the little piece is not perfectly arched like the pink one but they are so cute. |
While I sewed some pieced-backings for the baby quilts, I managed to get a few crumbs blocks together. And a star.
Hope all is well with you and you get to sew a little bit every day.
;^)
And I'll try to catch these talented ladies' link-party. See you there.
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts
Alycia for Finished or Not Friday
And I'll try to catch these talented ladies' link-party. See you there.
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts
Alycia for Finished or Not Friday
Kathy Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching
Cynthia for Oh Scrap!
Cynthia for Oh Scrap!















No comments:
Post a Comment