Wednesday 15 July 2015

Whatever Wednesday

Today, I thought of showing you the first thing I sew with my new sewing machine. It's not a quilt ...  

BUT it's still fabric! 

Close enough you say? Then, cue the pictures! 



My dear friend had this fabric in her stash and she didn't like it. Well, being the good friend that I am, I couldn't leave her in such a predicament so, I took the fabric away from her eyes and brought it home. :^D  

Sometimes, I am so precious to her LOL!! 


The moment I saw it, I knew it would become a tote. I love tote bags. All I had to do was to find some "matching" fabrics.


Then it turned into this ...


Ta - daH ... TOTe bag!

A remnant of pale beige roses decorate the inside. The pocket is from the same fabric as the top and handles. 


I really love it. 


Can't wait to show her my new tote bag and see if she still think it's an ugly fabric, lol!! 

Until next time .... 

;^)




10 comments:

Fiona said...

great tote bag... one persons trash is anothers treasure...
Hugz

CecileD said...

Magnifique !! Je suis toujours impressionnée par les sacs ! Je ne sais pas faire et c'est pour cela que j'admire ton travail....et les tissus sont supers !! ;)
Bisous et bonne journée !

Christine B said...

Love your tote bag.... the fabric looks cute! :) x

Chantal said...

Great job on the tote bag! I like the fabric.

Lin said...

Fun fabric and a great tote bag - perfect combination. xx

Lisa J. said...

Chantal: I think a tote is a great thing to sew as the first project with your new sewing machine. I hope you love your machine.

Barb said...

very cute!

Dasha said...

Isn't the saying something like "one person's trash is another's treasure"? You've just proved it and made a lovely tote. Now just make sure that friend of yours doesn't snaffle the tote. LOL

Sandy Panagos said...

What a great idea. It turned out really cute!

cityquilter grace said...

wow you ARE a good friend....i would have taken it too...in the interest of friendship of course....LOL