Sunday 22 November 2015

A finished & Hexies' Slow Stitching

Yes! Yes! Finally a finished. A small one but a finished nevertheless!



Cascadia, a quilt-along proposed by Lori from Humble Quilts is quilted, bind and all. Wwwelllll not quite!





 It still needs a label which is what I intend to slow stitch today.

It looks funny because the papers are still underneath the hexagons.



And then, some more hexies are waiting to be appliqued.  As I am slow stitching, I will pray for my friends in France and be thankful they are okay.

 (sideways pictures for some unknown reasons)



And then I will take a break with a cup of coffee and hop over to

Slow Sunday Stitches to see what others are working on.
Hope to catch you there.

Until next time ....

;^)

10 comments:

Chantal said...

Hi Chantal. Cascadia is beautiful. Congratulations on the finish. I absolutely love the idea of a hexagon rosette for a quilt label. I think I will have to do that! What a great idea. Have a lovely day!

gayle said...

That's a really pretty label for a really pretty quilt! Congratulations!
Your hexies look like fun. Not that I'm going to make any. Just because I bought a hexie template is no reason to think that. Nope.
But they do look like fun...

Lisa J. said...

Hi Chantal. Cascadia is beautiful indeed. As are the hexies, but what are they sitting on? That's the intriguing part for me.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your Cascadia quilt! All the little squares together give it a sweet and homey feel! And what a great idea to use a hexie flower for the label. I might borrow that idea!

Fiona said...

I love that little quilt and your label idea is great...
Hugz

Dasha said...

Nice one Chantal. Take a big pat on the back for that.
I love your idea for a label. Looks good.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

What a nice finish ... a finish is always something to celebrate. I love your idea of using hexies for the label. I'll have to remember that one!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Congratulations on your very lovely finish! :)

Lin said...

Your finish is lovely Chantal - well done. Such lovely colours. xx

CecileD said...

Oooh je n'avais pas reçu la newsletter de ce post !
Ton Cascadia est superbe et bien quilté !! J'aime beaucoup le tissu de la bordure et ton label hexie derrière !!
Merci pour tes prières chère Chantal !
Gros bisous