Last year, I worked on some framed 9 Patch block that I spotted on Lynn Dykstra's blog.
I thought the idea was perfect since I have some solids that haven't seen the sewing machine since this quilt, in 2004!
So I did four and decided to add this project to the RSC2017. As I was writing last Saturday's post, I realized that I haven't done any in red yet ... or aqua ... or purple. Oops!
So this past week I got busy on these and started to cut solid red with some old pink dotted fabric.
Since the "wanna be plaid" blue was out, I cut into that one too. It looks good in red.
And one with whatever flower that is on black.
Have you noticed my blooper?
I didn't! Honestly! I didn't notice anything wrong until I got to the final pressing of the blocks. Dang! In this layout, the solid colour is the one with the 5 pieces in the 9 Patch, not four! I remember the first time I did these blocks, I did exactly the same mistake. I guess I haven't learned the lesson very well, lol.
Angela announced the new color for April as multicolored and look, the two last blocks qualify for March AND April. Bonus!!
So, for April, I'll work on these in purple too as they will be accompanied with colourful fabrics. Won't do Aqua or Teal because I have none in the solid bin.
But first, I have to unstitch those three rascals.
Joining Angela for Rainbow Scrap Challenge
Joining Cynthia for Oh Scraps!
Until next time .... rip, rip, rip, rip, rip, rip, rip ....