Saturday 3 March 2018

Jail Break

I want to finish the M&M quilt top. So I added a border of yellow and then,



I added the black border ...

and that's when everything went wrong. The party came to a halt! There were police cars everywhere, officers spilling out of them and closing the area with their yellow tape. "Nobody moves! Hands up!"

"You are under arrest for having too much fun!"

I'm like what???? This cannot be!! I have to do something to help them, I mean, yes they are party "nuts" but who doesn't love the M&M clan? They can't be just thrown into jail!!



"Think, Chantal, think. You have to do something." I called Rebel on my eye-Phone.


"Rebel, I need your help. Come quick!" And then, she was by my side and came up with a plan. "We have to break the yellow tape to set them free", she said.


"Here's how we'll do it. It won't be easy but we can do this."


So I started making some Pinwheels. (Can't afford a real helicopter!)


and I added them to the border ...

nonchalantly, like they belong there.  Slowly I got closer to the M&M gang.



When no one was looking, I slipped them their getaway disguises. They have to dress up at the very last minute to avoid suspicion.

(I did the best I could with the little bit of time I had to find some costumes.)

Unfortunately, our plan came up short.


Not one to give up easily, Rebel tried again.


This time it worked. The tape broke and ...

 the M&M hastily split. 


It didn't take long for the cops to take us in pursuit.

Rebel had non-marked transportation waiting for them.
I mean, she had a means of transport for them.  (Com'on! There's no way they could all fit inside General Lee!)

The important thing is that they all got away ...

... to another bash party near you.

;^)



Phew! RSC2016 is a top.

Joining Angela for Rainbow Scrap Challenge. 

Joining Cynthia for Oh Scrap!

Joining Sarah for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?






17 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Too funny, and a great happy quilt!

julieQ said...

Love your fun quilt! Our window in the gift shop at the hospital was m and M themed...loved it too!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Creative border solution! I've got to know, though... Have you been sneaking writing lessons from Gayle?!?! LOL

Cathy Tomm said...

Great job on the quilt top. so cute.

PaulaB quilts said...

It was an absolute riot, fortunately with no casualties. M&Ms rule!

scraphappy said...

Adorable use of pinwheels. Every quilt needs a little whimsy. This one has so much happiness going on!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Such a fun post, Chantal, and great work on your *sweet* quilt! I love it!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is too funny! What fun you have!

Mari said...

Congratulations on a sweet finish!

Lin said...

Great post a lovely RSC top. xx

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Too funny! Thanks for the giggle - this quilt is so clever. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Cathy said...

Hilarious and clever - both your narrative and the quilt. But why am I craving chocolate now?

Lisa J. said...

Ha ha what a great post. You must be so much fun to hang around with Chantal!

MissPat said...

You are too clever for your own good. Since there are no M & Ms in the house, I'll have to settle for leftover birthday cake.
Pat

Fiona said...

I loved the story.. and had a good giggle.... and I also love the quilt...
Hugz

gayle said...

Woohoo! I don't know who's having more fun - you or your M&M's!

CecileD said...

Oh mon Dieu... j'ai bien ri en suivant l'action !! Allez tu vas y arriver ! Gros bisous