Tuesday 27 March 2018

They're Here! They're Here!!

They are finally here. My sure sign that Spring has sprung is when I hear them sing. I'm talking about ...
... Canada Geese.

I was so happy to see them darken the sky on my drive home tonight. Now, it doesn't mean that there will be no more snow, no, no, no. It means that the snow is melting. No matter how much more snow we get, it's all gonna melt. (Photo from Internet as I didn't have my camera with me but it looks so much like what I see on my drive home.)

When I got home, they too were here. Oh! My! Sizzling Bacon! They are HERE! The swap blocks made it home to me from Barb's place. Squeal! I am SO happy to have them and pet them and ... Oh let me share with you all these gorgeous fabrics.

 You can click on the picture to enlarge. Check that blue bottom right. Gorgeous! And that wonderful orange in the middle. To its left there is the coolest color ever because I don't know what it is. (Color will differ with different monitors) It's a purple / indigo / grey color. Just awesome.

Again, beautiful blues and a sweet pink. Love it. I think I know who made the black block in the middle row as I have seen this fabric in her quilt. I won't say a name in case it is a different person but let me tell you that I love it.

Another orange, yay! And a very light green in the middle, so cool. Two lovely purples on opposite corners and a rich rusty one. Yum. 
 Hoohoo! Check these out. Top row, the middle almost look like a leopard print, so cool. The one next to it is black on beige. It is just awesome. And the one underneath, and the middle one, and .. my head is spinning.
This is the last bunch and they are still gorgeous. I love each one of these 43 blocks. No, I didn't put mine in the lot. 😏

But that's not all. We had one set of 44 blocks to do and then, a half set also. Here are the 22 extra blocks I received.

Oh! My! A yellow one. And another orange one. Check that green in the middle. 

Oh I love that pink one and the black in the middle of the last row and more purple ones. 
Hooooooooo. Look at the black and green, so awesome! The light blue on top is much better looking in person. Honestly, I love them all.

Then another kind of fun started.
I grouped them by color to see how many I have and what color should I add.
I have 6 orange/rust, 5 purple, 9 black, 5 pink, 12 brown, 13 blue (whoohoo!), 7 red and 8 green. Oh! and 1 yellow nested with the orange ones. I'll try to find more yellow (at least, one more) next time I go fabric shopping and pink, or purple. I have some orange in the stash that would fit in nicely. Since I didn't get my red one in the extra blocks, I will add that one too.
The blocks I made for the swap. 

I wish I knew who made which block so I could write her/his name in the middle square like for a signature quilt. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Thanks to all who have participate in this swap. I am very happy to have swapped with you. Thank you, Barb, (Fun with Barb) for organizing this exchange.

;^)











8 comments:

julieQ said...

I see the ones I sent!!

Quilting Babcia said...

You know, you're going to have to name your quilt something like The Geese Came Home to Nest, don't you?! Fun, fun, fun!

Lin said...

Amazing! They are beautiful. xx

Quilter Kathy said...

So beautiful! I love how you wrote the blog post... it made me feel like I was right there when you opened the package and admired each block!

Barb said...

It was so fun to read your post. I could feel your enthusiasm for the blocks!
have fun playing with them.
xo

CecileD said...

Oh tu vois ? Ca y est ils sont là !! Et j'ai vu bien évidemment les miens !!
Au travail à présent et ce n'est pas une mince affaire... mais quel plaisir !
Amuse-toi bien Chantal ! Gros bisous

Fiona said...

Lovely to have the geese coming to let you know the snow is melting.... you have a huge number of churn dash blocks.... and such beauties.... they will keep you happy for a while..
Hugz

PaintedThread said...

All very pretty. Looks like fun!