Thursday 1 March 2018

March's Scrap Attack

Hello! It's me. Remember me?

I know I haven't been very present in Blogland this month and I haven't answered every comment on my last post but life around here got very serious all of a sudden. I have a funeral tomorrow and then, it shall be sunnier. (Hopefully). One of hubby's old aunt passed away after a very brave battle. May she rest in peace.

I did managed to make all the Churn Dash blocks for Barb's swap project. Yay!

22 reds and 44 oranges sent to Barb's place
I also managed to de-bone a few shirts. I do not de-bone à la Bonnie. It takes me a whole lot more than just 7 minutes, lol.  I un-stitch some seams like the yokes and the "X" on the back of some men's shirts.
X on the back of men's shirt
I remove breast pockets very carefully in order to keep the shirt free of holes. And I didn't have a lot of "stitching" or "ripping" time but 8 shirts came undone.
It is a good beginning ... but not a big one as it barely shows in the drawer.

at the beginning of February 

at the end of February
Oh well, I'll try to keep at it for the month of March, (which should be calmer) and I also want to finish the January's Challenge but ... let's get on with March's own Challenge. I stirred the jar of papers and out popped ... 

... 
a string project has to be finished. Ouch!

This is where my strings multiply are stored.
I don't expect to make a dent in any of these drawers but I do have a little plan germinating in my head. Oh! oh! I can feel a sprout of creativity coming up. (Gosh! It must be Spring. Why else would I talk like this?!!!)


;^)

Thank you, Sarah, for hosting Scrap Attack.







8 comments:

julieQ said...

I am sorry for your loss...

Looks like you have been having tons of fun with shirts...can't wait to see what you will make of them, and your strings!

CecileD said...

Je suis bien désolée pour cette cruelle perte....
Tes blocs d'échange sont magnifiques Chantal et j'adore tes couleurs ! J'aime bien aussi voir quels tissus tu as utilisé car je vais pouvoir mettre un nom dessus ! ;)
Gros bisous

PaintedThread said...

I'm sorry for your loss.

But on a happier note - those shirts look great. And that's a serious stack of churn dashes. Whew!

gayle said...

Hoping life takes a turn for the better for you!
Have fun with your strings!

swooze said...

Glad to see you posting! I was just coming to check on you and saw this post so had to smile. Hugs!

Lisa J. said...

Have some fun with your strings.....I hope you find lots of time to quilt this month.

Barb said...

Your blocks are beautiful!
good work preparing the plaid shirts.

Lin said...

Sorry to read about your aunt. Nice work on the churn dash blocks - and the shirts! xx