Sunday 16 September 2018

She's got the Rhythm ...

... and I got the Blues.  (song by Alan Jackson.)

Oh Yes, Baby! I got the blues alright and they are all done .... for July that is. Yay!
Chain piecing has a different meaning when one works with pieces of one inch
Boy's Nonsense - 17 pieces
There's a way to piecing such small parts. You cut them bigger and trim them down to size ...
... like this. Those "ears" are the triangles needed to make the little sliver of dark blue next to the azure blue. Showing this just in case you were wondering. 😊


Cactus Basket - 14 pieces  The brown block is trying to capture all the attention. I don't like that. I hope it will behave better once in the quilt. 😒


Cut the Corners - 33 pieces  I just LOVE this one.


Symmetry in Motion - 13 pieces but I added some. Yes, it was calling for some Y seams and I just did it MY way. No regrets! 😀


And to finish the month beautifully, an easy block called Basket Weave with 18 pieces.


The total of pieces for the month of July is 765 in 31 blocks.

Care to see them again? Here we go.



The block Temple Court is missing in action because it is already sewn to the quilt. I asked Basket Weave to replace it in the pictures. 😉

Joining Cynthia this week at Quilting is More Fun than Housework.

I'm off to see what you have done this week.

Catch you later. ;^)


8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Look at all those tiny pieces - oh my goodness! But they look beautiful all together! Great progress, Chantal.

Quilting Babcia said...

You've got the blues, and wow they are beautiful! And tiny. And wonderful. And I'm totally with you on the Y seams!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Hats off to you for having the patience to sew these tiny blocks. So glad you are sharing with Oh Scrap!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

These little blocks are gorgeous! So many teeny tiny pieces! Good for you for reconfiguring the block to avoid the y-seam, and bonus for adding to the number of pieces count!

Fiona said...

stunning little blocks with all those little pieces....
Hugz

gayle said...

Well done you!! These blocks are fantastic - love all the bitty bits!
I'm hoping to dig my blocks out later in the week. Not that I don't already have enough things going on... 8)

PaintedThread said...

OMG, those are nuts! So pretty - so tiny.

Vicki in MN said...

You have the patience of a saint to work with that many teensy tiny little pieces!!