Sunday 2 September 2018

Back with the Crazies


No, I am not talking about my friends, hahaha! I am talking about the 365 Challenge - the Ultimate Sampler.

Pieces cut at one inch. This is the center of a block.


The last time I worked on this horrible, stupid, fabulous quilt was in February of this year. I believe it is time to give this quilt a little push forward. Care to see what I made?





July 18 - Tangled Briars (or as I know it, Barrister's Block) - 44 pieces

Oh, yea! Forgot to mention, all these blocks finish at 3 inches (3.5 inches in the pictures)



July 19 - Propeller - 17 pieces


July 20 - Grandmother's Favorite (I doubt that!) - 33 pieces


Don't let its simplicity fool you. It is a tricky pattern to make and I doubt Grandma liked it.   😝 The tiny beige triangles are half an inch in height. I can make Barrister's Block with 44 pieces real straight and this one only has 33 pieces but didn't want to cooperate and @#$%^&^$# ...  The block is not straight and I don't care. NEXT!!


July 21 - Cock's Comb - 24 pieces

You saw part of this one in the very first picture. Another one that was pretty fidgety but i managed to do a most decent job. I just wish my "light" fabric was lighter but ... yeah, it works.

Needless to say, the leader-enders between these units had to be very easy and mindless. So I made this ...

... mug rug made with strings a friend at the Wednesday Sewing Club gave me. These are African fabrics. They are like batiks in the sense that both sides are the same and I got one backward. I guess you can still read it. It says "Fabrique au Nigeria" and it's "veritable super sagesi". I don't know what "real super sagesi" is but it is just gorgeous fabric. It needs to be quilted, trimmed and bound. By Wednesday? Hmmmm!!

I also work on this ...
... long column of blues, some little pieces and some strings were called in to construct this one. What is it for? I don't know. It hasn't told me it's name yet. It was just nice to sew it.

So that's my week. What about you? Care to share with Oh Scrap? Come and join the fun.

Catch you later.

;^)





10 comments:

Fiona said...

you have donw well with your teeny blocks. we have a quilt show coming up in October and I see they have had a call out for people to show their 365 quilts... it will be great to see them. Lovely strings - always great to use up the smallest of pieces.
Hugz

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your little bitty blocks are quite amazing, Chantal! Good for you for bringing them back out again! I like your mindless in-between sewing, too. That is really my favorite kind!

Quilting Babcia said...

Well I say more power to you for sticking with those teeny tiny horrible blocks, hehe! I don't have that kind of fortitude any more, I'm all for big squares that I can actually see through these cataracts these days.

gayle said...

Go, Chantal! Those little blocks really are a challenge, but I try to bear in mind that there are going to be 365 blocks in this quilt - if someone is checking every single one of those blocks for flaws, I'll going to tell them to go home. 8)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Kudos to you for even attempting the 365 blocks. They are wayyyyyyy too small for me to tackle. Yours look amazingly!

Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Marly said...

Those tiny pieces! I'm so glad I didn't start on this project! I admire your perseverance; everyone needs a holiday sometime, even from a sewing project.

Lin said...

Your tiny blocks are gorgeous. xx

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

J'adore ces petits blocs, ils sont tous très beaux ! Superbes tissus du Nigéria. Cute projects ;)

cityquilter grace said...

ahh the 365....very nice blocks...so glad my top is done....

Ruth said...

From someone who is still recovering from finishing a Dear Jane quilt about 15 months ago - good luck! I have vowed not to make anything with tiny, complicated blocks any more. If you are anything like me, you are now committed to finishing and I get that! I'm glad I did DJ as I wasn't sure I could get it done, so it was worth it in the long run.