Saturday 22 September 2018

A New Month

For my 365 Sampler Challenge quilt, it is time for a new month. I have started on the month of August.

My design wall was empty.

Then popped a little blue flash ...
It's August first! It's called Peaceful Evening and it has 36 pieces. It's very hairy but so peaceful in person, not at all dull like the picture shows it. 

Then another one popped onto the design wall... 

It's Apple Pie with 33 pieces. I love this one too. 

Nothing could stop me now, so after a short break, another one appeared on the wall. 
Indian Hatchets made me angry a little bit. Although it looks very simple and easy, it is a hard one to trim. As you can see in this photo, the hatchets aren't in the middle of the blocks like they should. Bah! Humbug! I say. I am not changing it. 
It also made me angry by the amount of trimming left behind. 

That's a lot of waste for a block that is only 3.5 inches. 


Since I am not one to stay on a sour note, I had to make one more appear on the wall so out came ... 
... T Quartet with 36 pieces. Lost a few points on this one but it made my smile reappeared and that makes everything right again in my blue world. :^D 


Joining Angela for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge

;^)








8 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty blocks, I love your Peaceful Evening, peaceful indeed!

PaintedThread said...

I love seeing each of these. So tiny!

julieQ said...

Just gorgeous blocks...wow, those are a lot of pieces for one bloc!

Quilting Babcia said...

Cute little blocks! Lots and lots of pieces for a tiny but mighty reward!

gayle said...

Such beautiful blocks! (And I'm appalled by the amount of waste those hatchets left behind, too. After all that, the least that block could have done is come out even...)

Fiona said...

There is a lot of work in those little blocks... and a lot of pieces!
Hugz

Betty C said...

Nice variety.

Lin said...

They are all lovely. xx