Saturday 8 September 2018

Mini Blues

I just have a few mini blues to share with you today.


On the left: July 22 - Double Z - 20 pieces.

On the right: July 23 - Schoolgirl's Puzzle - 20 pieces.
Now, in my days, this one was called Old Maid's Puzzle. I guess that name is not politically correct anymore so they changed it to Schoolgirl's Puzzle. Whatever the name, it is still one of my favorite blocks. Don't let that upper right corner get to you. I know it is twisted but I like it too much to change it. :^D



Here we have Devil's Puzzle. I don't think he bothered to give us much of a challenge with this one.  13 pieces.


Another one of my favorite is the Cat's Cradle block.  33 pieces


Then came the Big Storm on July 26. It's a cute name but it gives the impression of a hard, complicated block which it is not. It has only 8 pieces.  A total of 94 pieces for this week. Not bad. All these blocks are finishing at three inches.

So that's all the bits of blues I played with this week.  Today, I'll be at Angela's place, admiring more blues in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Come and join.

Sunday's here, and I'll be with Cynthia for more blues on Quilting is More Fun than Housework. 


Catch you later.

;^)


12 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Jolis blocs bleus, j'aime aussi beaucoup les 2 premiers !

Julierose said...

Lovely blocks in those vivid blue hues! they all look very complicated with all those PIECES!! Nice job--hugs, Julierose

Quilting Babcia said...

Thirty-three pieces in a 3 inch block? Yikes! More power to you! They are all lovely and your dark blues are beautiful.

Laura said...

3" blocks are quite the challenge, but you make them look easy!

Fiona said...

lots of pieces in those tiny blocks.... they are well done
Hugz

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love the Cat's Cradle block! Tiny, tiny pieces!

gayle said...

Oh, I love each and every one of these!
I was just thinking today about picking up my blocks and getting this project rolling again, but maybe not till next month. (September is often (happily) complicated with birthdays and visiting family!)

CecileD said...

Marron et bleu j'adore !! Perfect combo friend !
Et tes morceaux de tissus sont tous petits.... quelle patience !

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Your pins look ginormous in comparison to the blocks. But then I remember the blocks are so tiny. And incredibly cute. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Yay for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!! Even if you only used up tiny pieces of scrap fabric. It's all good!!

quiltingbydawn said...

Wow! Those are some small blocks!

Dawn said...

Love the cat's cradle...those are tiny!