Saturday 15 December 2018

December

It's a funny month this year. It either snows or the snow is melting. It recalls more the middle of Spring than the end of Autumn. Whatever! As long as it isn't freezing rain, I can handle it.

I have fixed my Burgoyne Surrounded block.


To make sure I got the pattern down right, I tested a second block


Ok. I got it right. Phew! I can store this one for later.

We had, on Tuesday, our Christmas Diner Party at the Club Artisanats.

We had a lot of fun, even if it doesn't really show in this picture. Let me get another one.

It was Christmas slippers or silly slippers night. Maude had the hat that matches her slippers. Way too cute. Notice her necklace is made of snowmen's lights.

The admin committee had to set the example and all had elf's slippers with bells. It was a hoot! Gosh! I was in bed and I could still hear those bells ringing, lol.




On Wednesday was the Wednesday's Quilters Christmas Diner.
Monique received all of us at her place. A really gorgeous home.
 Here is Anne in the pink chair, Carole and Francine next to the French doors.

Yolande, Françoise and Claire sat on the opposite side of the living room.

Monique is a wonderful hostess and had a glamorous table. Each one of us brought something. I did the chicken pot pies as it is my family's favorite. It was a favorite among them too. Monique is sitting at the head of the table. The empty chair is my place, right next to Anne.

I will so miss this group. I have decided not to join them next year as it is too demanding on me. They meet during the day and I always have to take time off from work. So, when I retire, I'll be joining them again, if room is available.

Talking about work, on Friday (of the same week, yes) was my office Christmas Party. I have no pictures of that party as I didn't go. My health didn't give me permission to go even if I had been very reasonable during the two previous parties. Oh well. There will be more to come.

Hope all of you are well ... and sewing up something.

;^)

Joining Angela at So Scrappy
Joining Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework

Thanks for looking.





9 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sorry to hear that you were not well enough to attend your work party. I can sympathize with you and your daytime quilt group. Over the years, I've been in and out of the group that I started some 12 years ago.

gayle said...

Looks like you had enough fun for three parties anyway! Better to guard your health - especially this time of year!
Your Burgoyne Surrounded blocks came out great! I'm tempted to make one of these smaller ones, even though I haven't even finished the one I made earlier this year!

scraphappy said...

Your block is beautiful. Hopefully the rest will go more quickly now that you have the pattern perfected. Lots of holiday fun. The slippers are great.

Julierose said...

I just love your block--the colors are perfect..nice work hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm glad you got the Burgoyne Surrounded blocks figured out! The two of them are really pretty and festive. Your parties look like fun, too. Hope this coming week finds you feeling better!

Quilting Babcia said...

I've never attempted a Burgoyne Surrounded block, but I sure like your two! I hope you're feeling better by this time. Have a wonderful Christmas! Freezing rain expected here tomorrow. We had a lot of snow but it's nearly gone now. I'd prefer a bit of snow to the mud.

Barb said...

Your BS blocks look really great. What nice holiday parties! looks like fun! Love those elf slippers.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Time demands are tense this time of year. I hope you are feeling better. Thanks for sharing your lovely blocks with Oh Scrap!

Fiona said...

You will miss that lovely group - work gets in the way of social activities!! As you say things change and you can go back sometime.... Hope you feel better soon...
HUgz