Saturday 21 September 2019

What was I thinking?


Did some wee sewing.




Table for four - 29 pieces. The tiny little HSTs around the middle block were trimmed down to 7/8 of an inch. It finishes at ... well, it is too small to be repeated.


Baby Bunting - 16 pieces
Isn't that a cutie?


Beginner's Choice - 36 pieces. The original block was made with lots of Y-seams (again?) but this time, I've manage to skip them, (eh, eh, eh!) using instead the friendlier partial seams. Really! What was I thinking? That sewing partial seams on a one inch piece of fabric would be easy? I thought THAT? Please, someone, get me off these pills!
After much cursing and the use of lots of pins to move the little pieces around (instead of my big fingers), I manage to make one. Gosh! Three more to go! The units are 2 inches unfinished.
It took me all Saturday afternoon to put this one together. Oh well, too bad for the housecleaning: I ran out of time for that. :^b

I should now be good for a few easy blocks, hopefully, as per Kathryn's habit.

Beginner's Choice (which I really doubt that it is) falls on October 17th, meaning that I only have 75 more blocks to go. Whoop Whoop!

Hey, Gorgeous Blue, wait for me.

;^)

Joining Angela at so scrappy
and Cynthia for Oh Scrap!





11 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Holy Cow! I can't even text with my thumbs, much less deal with such tiny pieces! I'm impressed.

Fiona said...

More beautiful blocks... gosh that last one looks hard! well done you!
Hugz

Lin said...

More lovely blocks - I do admire your patience! xx

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Two inches finished? OMG! Love that tiny baby bunting!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are such amazing tiny blocks! My fumbly fingers would have trouble with those little pieces, too - but you did great!

PaintedThread said...

You're nuts! I LOVE these.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I like to sew small, but these blocks are CRAZY small!!!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Beginner's Choice? Haha. Those blocks are so cute, but wow that is a lot of pieces!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Those are such tiny pieces. I think you are a little nuts too :)

Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Susie H said...

Challenging blocks to say the least! For your sake, I do hope the next few are easier blocks as you're thinking! Nicely done!!

gayle said...

Holy cats! Those are some tiny little fiddly bits! Good for you for persevering on those - they're fantastic!