Saturday 14 September 2019

No Way! Not Doing It.


I didn't sew much this week but I do have a little bit to show you.




First, what's a sewing session without a blooper? So I started with that!

(I swear I don't do these on purpose.) (Just notice I have the same fabric twice in this one. Darn!) (Nah! It will be fine once it is fenced in by the other blocks.)

Got it fix.

Now that that's done and out of the way, the rest of the session should go like a breeze, right? Of course!

Three different size headaches on my design wall.

Next block for the 365 Challenge is

Our Editor with 24 pieces. I think the bottom needs a little bit of editing.

Then comes October 13, Puss in the Corner.

I've never seen Puss in the Corner made this way but it makes a nice block.

I looked at the next block for October 14: Bachelor's Puzzle. And I said "NO WAY!"


"NO WAY!" 


What does the Bachelor's Puzzle look like, you ask.

It looks like this:





If you know me at all, you know I don't like Y-seams and they don't like me right back. Have you noticed how many Y-seams are in this 3.5 inches block? Look again. Look closely!



Waaaayyyy too many for this little girl. And that's in a 3.5 inches block!

"NO WAY!" I am not doing this one.


So, I went searching for another block.

Kathryn (designer of 365 Challenge) is so considerate of people's different levels of expertise, that she added a few "bonus" blocks during the year and I was smart enough to save them.

Somewhere during the year, it was my birthday, right? (yes, I grew older too even if it doesn't show much, lol)  So for this quilt, let's pretend it is October 14, okay?

Who said no?
Oh, com'on, Pink! play along, please?       Thank you! :^D


So I picked the Birthday Cake Block.

Ta-Dah!


Much easier.  More pieces though but still, they were 29 easy pieces to sew.

VoilĂ ! That's where I'm at.



Oh yes! I did fondle some purple too.
One little 9-Patch and more purple fabric pressed and waiting on the ironing board. Hopefully I can play with my sewing machine some more this weekend.


Have a great one.

;^)

Joining Angela at So Scrappy
Cynthia for Oh Scrap!



13 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I feel your pain!

gayle said...

Fantastic birthday cake ya got there!
I can do y-seams, but at that small scale I'd run and hide, too!

julieQ said...

Very pretty...even the blooper block!! Gorgeous progress!

Yvonne said...

I would have been saying no to that Y seam block too. I like the birthday cake block much better even with its insane number of pieces :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I thought the blocks in your first photo was a really neat one. What could be wrong with it? Then I saw how it was supposed to go and had to laugh at myself! Your 365 blocks continue to amaze me!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Love the birthday cake block! Such nice piecing.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I don't mind partial seams but I can't comprehend how you can do them at that scale. That is crazy!

Thanks for sharing your lovely blocks with Oh Scrap!

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE that scrappy star (and can SEW relate to the Oops!!)

MissPat said...

I'm struggling enough with the 4.5" Tiny Tuesday blocks. I don't think I could manage either one of those 3.5" ones. I think it's the fabric fairies who turn those units around and mess up the blocks.
Pat

Lin said...

Lots of lovely blocks especially the birthday cake one. xx

Tami Von Zalez said...

You reminded me of the birthday cake block that I did a couple of them, but they look nothing like that one. Every once in awhile I like to do those specialty blocks. I would pass on Bachelor's Puzzle too.

Fiona said...

lovely blocks... they all look too hard! haha... so impressive
Hugz

Barb said...

I applaud your attitude! You stick to it, but are willing to let it go. I love that!
I sew things wrong all the time! sometimes those angles really foul me up.
your little blocks are the cutest.