Saturday 7 September 2019

Week End Play

Thank you all so much for your comments. I appreciated each and every one of you. I feel lucky to have such supportive friends. Thank you.


For those who want to know:
My son will be followed by a new therapist and had a change in meds. Hope this works out.
My DH has decided, on his own and without any threats from me, to let the chalet go. The so-called "great deal" on the chalet was the "friendly" price. Hubby thought it was the asking price and he could get a much better, reduced price, but no. The "friendly" price was way off what DH would pay for such a small chalet. So, yay me!
At work ... well, it's still a WIP.


For those who want to know about quilty stuff:
Last week end was a long week end here in Canada (too) and I was able to play with my sewing machine.

It took me the better part of that week end to finish the second corner of 365 Challenge.

Remember this?

Gosh! That was so long ago. Last February, I started on this corner block and got this much achieved.
After studying the pattern for a long time, as I have lost where I was and what was next, I started working on it again.

Some of the flowers are now showing on two sides.

One more flower and the beginning of the basket.


Almost done.


and Ta-dah!
This block measures 12 inches finished and has 119 pieces. Only two more corners to do.

My leader-ender while sewing the corner was this tiny little one.

Called the Union, this block has 41 pieces inside a 3.5 unfinished frame. It is October 11th and it means that there's only 81 more blocks to go. Whoop Whoop!

Lynn from Klein Meisje Quilts shared a tip that I have adopted.
When cutting dark fabric, I started to flip them, like Lynn suggested, and cut them from the wrong side. The fabric is usually lighter on the wrong side. I do this especially when the pieces are small.



It makes the task so much easier. Neat trick! Thank you Lynn. 


Now, for this weekend. Well, this past Tuesday was our first Artisanat meeting and my friend gave me a nice little bag of scraps.


Oooohhh! Lucky me. So much fun!


My bag of purple/pink scrap is getting pretty full.
Guess I'll have to do something about it and get into the color of the month.

And I got from the library a few audio books. Hopefully, there's one I will like while I'm sewing to my heart's content.


Hope you all get to sew a bit too

;^)

Joining Angela at SoScrappy
Cynthia for Oh Scrap!
Sarah at Confession of a Fabric Addict
Alycia for Finished or Not Finished Friday 
Denise for Put Your Foot Down 

14 comments:

Lisa J. said...

I am glad that things are working out. I am also very impressed with that corner block and all its tiny pieces. It looks awesome.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sounds like you had a good week, and I'm glad for you, Chantal! That 365 Challenge corner block is amazing! Have fun with all those lovely scraps, too.

Libby in TN said...

Wow, love, Love, LOVE that corner block!!!

Barb said...

Happy for you that it worked out as it did. I wish you son good progress!
that tiny pieced block is wonderful - wow 119 pieces?

gayle said...

Hoping that things are continuing to go well for you!
I love your corner block (so many pieces!) and I see that fussy-cutting you did in the center of your Union block!
Happy purple!

Lin said...

Glad to hear that a few things have worked out. Nice block and your little Union block is amazing. Enjoy those scraps. xx

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Wow! Your basket block is absolutely amazing. Good to know some things are going right for you. Hang in there at work!

The Joyful Quilter said...

A new therapist and med changes make for a scary time. Best of luck with the outcome of each of those new items. SEW glad that you carved out some time in the sewing room, as that basket block looks AMAZING!!

Fiona said...

Phew, glad things have worked out and hope your son feels heaps better. I love that block.... what a lot of work in it! Not too much left (hahahaha)
Hugz

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Your corner block is amazing. You have a lot more patience than I. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Bonnie said...

Wow... that corner block is, well, words fail me. Congratulations on getting it done. I used to like to do small blocks and/or blocks with lots of pieces but ugh. Not so much any more. Hope you find a lot more time to keep quilting!

Kim said...

Just look at all those pretty blue blocks. They make my little blue heart happy. Love your basket. So much exact piecing has gone into this pretty.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

12 inches with 119 pieces!! WOW!! THat is quite the gorgeous block tho!!

For the love of geese said...

Oh wow, it's beautiful and all those pieces. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down. I do hope you come back and share your progress.