Saturday 28 September 2019

Not Much

Really not much but still I managed to get one day closer to the end.

October 18 - The House That Jack Built has 21 pieces

Only 74 more blocks to do. I know, I know. Not exactly a giant leap, lol. I'll try to do better this week.

Oh, no, I might not be able to because I have a big mouth.

The early childhood educators at work want to do a sensory book. They asked me if I had any textured fabric. Of course I have fabric!! As I listened on how they wanted to do this book, my brain was going in another direction. So I said: "why do a book where the child can only touch the textures when we could do little bags like for a toss game? The child will be able to manipulate the bags and have a better feel of the textures." They adopted that idea right away. So guess who has to sew the little bags?

Yes, your one and only big mouth friend. But, hey, it's for children and it's sewing. What am I complaining about?

Before I start sewing with the textured fabric, I need to sew the inside envelop. Since the bag will be filled with sand, I'm thinking an envelop is needed to keep the sand in. Sometimes because of the texture of the fabric, there's little gaps between the stitches so ... I got my mother's old white (and not so white) fabric out for the envelops. This is a good place to use it up I think.


I did three more little 9 Patch blocks too.

The one on the right is eggplant purple but it never photographs well. Not sure if I'll keep sewing these as my Leader-Ender or if the next 365 block will be the LE during the envelop sewing session. Will see which one is easier on my poor brain this morning.


Have a wonderful week-end. It's raining here this morning but there's hope for a beautiful afternoon.

;^)


Joining Angela at So Scrappy
Cynthia for Oh Scrap!


7 comments:

gayle said...

Well, your Jack built a lovely house!
Enjoy your new sewing project!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

What a great idea to use make bags! It will be worth it for sure.

Lisa J. said...

Those envelopes inside the textured bags will be a great use for your mothers white and not so white fabrics. Just perfect and your idea is awesome even if it means more work for you!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like your idea for the early childhood folks! The kids will definitely enjoy those!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Prepping some little nine patches for leaders/enders is on my list today. They are such cute little blocks. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

grammajudyb said...

Anxious to see the completed toss bags! What a great idea!

KaHolly said...

Pretty ambitious!