Friday 13 December 2019

Alleluia !

Phew! I survived another week. Thank you Lord for the weekends.

What happen since the last weekend? Well, I managed to sew. It has become a necessity in my life lately. It's okay because there are worst addictions than that, lol.

Okay, who wants to see some quilt blocks? Yeah, that's what I thought. Let's go!



Dec 6 was Mosaic #18.
It is so pretty it should have a better name than that. Com' on.  24 pieces.



The blocks are 6.5 inches unfinished and they are my leader-ender while I work on the last corner of the 365 Challenge quilt. So while I made Mosaic #18, I also created this little "cactus", lol.


Dec 6 was Crossroads with 32 pieces.
But it was very easy. Not in love with my choice of neutral in the middle but it's "good enough".



Then I produced my blooper of the week. This one was a very easy fix.



Dec 8 is for Frayed Sawtooth Star
Personally, I like this one. 44 pieces.


Some of this was also created while I sew a lots of HSTs


Lots of tiny little HSTs.

Let me pause here and show you how I organize the blocks.
I use a Styrofoam plate because it's easy to pin the pieces onto it.
I have a little piece of paper for each letter of the pattern. Here I have from A to N. The fabric cuts can't get lost in the mess on my sewing table and I know who's who easily.



Okay, back to the Christmas Iris block with this piece. Don't know why but it looks like I didn't take a picture of its twin facing the other way. Oh well. Just close you eyes and imagine it. Okay? You got it? Okay, let's move on.

Eventually, with all the little HSTs, I managed to finish this one called


The Christmas Tree.

This is Dec 9 and it has 75 pieces inside the 6.5 inches block.  And with this one as my leader-ender  I was able to finish ...



... drum roll please, ...





Christmas Iris


Oops! Let me fast forward here.

Ta-dah!




and the basket that I didn't photograph while sewing it because I was too much in a rush to finish the block.


And all together! Phew! All of 182 pieces fit together beautifully.
it's 12.5 inches unfinished.
The bottom of the basket looks crocked but I'm pretty sure it was straight when I ironed it. I'll have to check that out and make the necessary adjustment if needed.

Then,  I'll attack Dec 10 which is a doozy! I mean, OUCH!

Have fun sewing !

;^)


Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Wendy at Wendy's Quilts and More
Denise for Put Your Foot Down
Angela at So Scrappy
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework






12 comments:

Libby in TN said...

If you tilt your head just a little, that Christmas iris is perfect!

Deb A said...

Oh my Goodness! That is a lot of tiny pieces. It would take me months to get those done. Great job.

MissPat said...

I loved Mosaic #18 and think it would be a great RSC block. But then I saw the Christmas Iris. OMG, what a wonderful block. Is it also 6.5 unfinished? Too many tiny pieces for me but I love it.
Pat

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those blocks just continue to be amazing! That iris block is really beautiful. Way to go, Chantal!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

I really enjoy seeing these blocks every week. I hope they are as much fun for you to sew! I cannot even imagine 182 pieces in a block, but it is truly wonderful.

Fiona said...

wow, wow, wow …. gorgeous blocks....
I totally agree sewing is a good addiction to have.... healthy and look what beauty gets made...
Hugz

The Joyful Quilter said...

I can totally see an entire quilt from that Frayed Sawtooth Star!!!

gayle said...

Oooo! That Frayed Sawtooth star is fantastic!
And holy cats - that Christmas tree block at 6"??? Truly a wonder!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

All That piecing in a 12" block. Amazing!!

Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap! You are almost there :)

For the love of geese said...

I love your blocks, all of them. This is going to be an interesting quilt. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

It's so hard to imagine that those blocks will go together to make the beautiful iris basket--great job!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Bravo, ils sont superbes ! J'adore le bouquet d'iris, mais les autres sont très beaux aussi ;)