Saturday 7 December 2019

Back on Track ...

... with the 365 Challenge and almost there at work too.

At work, we still have no phone but a cellular was ordered for me to use instead of my personal phone. Not yet received but an improvement is on its way. We are still missing fridge, stove, microwave but we do have a functioning 75 inches TV so we can have Skype meetings. Got to keep the business alive. Feeding the people is very secondary. (Being sarcastic, sorry.) My desk is functional and I am so busy catching up on so many fronts. We had our December calendar published on November 28!! That was too close for my comfort. It doesn't give a lot of time to the parents to register to the activities. Who suffers from this? The children. :^(
Once all the boxes are removed and the construction dust has been washed away, I will take pictures because it is an amazing place. So stay tuned; you won't regret it.


Okay on with 365 Challenge, I have first to say to my many, many Ukraine visitors :

(Translated with Google as I really don't speak these languages.)

Я отримую багато візитів з України. Я думаю, що дами роблять ковдру 365 Challenge. Я хочу привітатись і подякувати за відвідування. Мені б дуже хотілося бачити твої шедеври. Привіт, пані.

YA otrymuyu bahato vizytiv z Ukrayiny. YA dumayu, shcho damy roblyatʹ kovdru 365 Challenge. YA khochu pryvitatysʹ i podyakuvaty za vidviduvannya. Meni b duzhe khotilosya bachyty tvoyi shedevry.


I am grateful for ALL visitors to my blog, whether they leave a comment or not. Thank you.

Now, ready to see some more blue blocks? Me too!

This is Dec 2, called Basketweave. Pretty simple and straight forward even though it carries 36 pieces. It was my leader-ender while working on Dec 1 which is the last corner of the quilt.



Christmas Iris is Dec 1. Here's the centre flower.
It's a little beauty of 27 pieces.



Dec 3 was Carrie Nation block.
28 pieces for Carrie.




The left flower with 28 pieces. I chose to make each flower in a different fabric but kept the values at the same places. Thank goodness these pieces were all cut and set in a sewing capsule because I have no idea how I manage to do that without messing up. (Must have been one of my best days!)




Then comes Empire Star.
25 pieces.


Followed by the right flower. Again 28 pieces. At this point I was starting to be an expert at assembling these little pieces. Lol.





Dec 5 was down the Illinois Road.
I am so grateful for these simple block. They give me a chance to work on the corner block. Very well thought, Kathryn Kerr (designer of 365 Challenge). 44 easy pieces.



Then we had our Artisanat Christmas Party and I got some goodies. Pictures of the party will be shown on a later post.



The goodies were two bags of scraps. Yum!
At the bottom of the bigger bag I could see lots of blue fabric so I dug it out.

The Ziploc bag is full of blue, or so I thought and was already using it in my mind in the 365 Challenge blocks. But Oh! Surprise! It also has pieced fabric and the blue is only the remnants.



The pieces are cut at 4 1/4 inches and sewn in 2 X 2. I have 19 orange, 20 reds and 21 blues units. The remnants consist of only of the blue and neutral fabrics. Wish I had the orange and green but let's not be greedy here. I am so grateful for what I have received.



Of course, I had to play with this squirrel a little.
My design wall got from this ...

To this in no time flat.
I can do a 4-Patch block with or without sashing ...

or set them end-to-end for a diagonal look or ...

I can take them apart and use them any which way I want or ...

I can get back to the business at hand. Focus, girl, focus!
(Darn distraction.)

Okay. Next was a Y-seams block.

NOOOOooooo! 



Since I didn't cut the fabric for a HST intersection, I rolled up my sleeve and gave it a try.



I surprised myself. I think it is not bad at all. On with the other side.

Oops! Not as nice but it might just be "good enough".
Let's give it a try.


Well, what do you know? It looks pretty decent if you ask me.


Oh! And the centre flower sprouted a stem. :^)



Happy sewing every one!

;^)

Joining.

Angela at Soscrappy 
Denise at For the Love of Geese
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework









10 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those flower blocks look challenging to make, but you're doing great! So sorry you're having such continuing issues with the new building at work though - hard to do your work and help kids when you don't have everything set up the way it should be!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow!! You are knocking those 365 blocks out left and right! Glad to hear that things are getting better at work. Congrats on the scrap enhancement from your party and I know you will have SEW much fun with those bits and pieces!!

CecileD said...

Oh tes blocs sont extras !! Et je t'admire pour tant de productivité !!
Tu as vu la couleur Pantone pour 2020 ? Tu dois être contente... :)

gayle said...

Your flower blocks are real show-stoppers! Well done! And I'm delighted by how close you are to finishing this monster - what a journey it's been!
Hoping things settle soon at work. Good luck!

Vicki in MN said...

How fun to receive the bags of scraps! Love your little blue basketweave block.

Lin said...

Lovely blocks - I especially love the flowers. Good to hear that things are mproving at work. Great scrap bags. xx

Fiona said...

That's a heap of blocks done... and so many pieces in them..... lovely and so great to get that fabric... I know you will have lots of fun with it.... hope things get better at work... it's hard when things are not organised for you...
Hugz

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Oh my! That center flower is amazing. You will have the rest of the blocks done in no time!

Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

For the love of geese said...

All are gorgeous but I love the Christmas Iris. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

Lisa J. said...

You are still making those lovely little blocks. They are so awesome.