Saturday 4 January 2020

365 Challenge in the New Year and Green


The New Year started with a fresh layer of snow. It makes everything so beautiful and new. I love it.


It was nice weather for sewing. And I did.

Worked on my 365 Challenge quilt, turning the little 3.5 inches blocks into pairs. Checking if two of the same fabric are not next to each other.

I have a lot to choose from ...

I mean 128 blocks to choose from.

But it was fun revisiting them one at a time. Some I don't remember sewing. Yeah it's been that long in the making but it is coming to an end.


Remember  when I said I wouldn't trim the block because I didn't want it to come undone? I've done that a lot of times. This is really slowing me down now. (Don't look at my cutting board. Santa forgot my new one under his sleigh seat.)

Matching them up with the lighter border. I'm turning into a very good matchmaker. ;^D  I work with three at a time as I don't like sewing long seams.

On the floor, between the sewing machine and the iron board, are the next rows to be sewn.
In my last post about the 365 Challenge I didn't mention the stats for December.
The total of pieces for that month was 1497. At my "Ta-Dah moment" I'll let you know how many pieces for the entire quilt. Brace yourself.

My leader- ender while sewing 365 Challenge is little 4-patch blocks. They will be the first border for Field of Poppies, aka Good Fortune. They are done with green and whatever neutrals.

I was running low on neutrals so I got a gifted bag of scraps out and I found this.

Look at the names on this map. Wow Bobbinville does exist. Awesome! Scissor  Isle, Seams Isles and Binding Edge too. So cool.

To get there you need to cross the Patchwork Sea (?) Canal (?)

Cotton Heights and even Julie is there. I love this little piece of scrap!

And look! Debra's Studio is such an important studio that it has a button on the map. Oh! I want to go there. The fun it would be.

Okay, back to reality.
I also found a little piece of blue birds fabric in the scrap bag. It doesn't really work for the 4-Patch blocks but I just couldn't help turning it into a 9-Patch. They are always useful.

It just makes me smile. Simple thing, I know, but cute. I did turn the last little piece of the blue birds into a 4-Patch. Heck! Why not?

On the 4-Patch front, I am almost done. I need 116 for the first row and I now have 95 done. Gosh! Can I get two tops done soon?

I want to participate more this year in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge that Angela so kindly do every Saturday. I haven't picked a block (or blocks) yet. I'm sure something will come up. It always does.


;^)

Joining
Angela at So Scrappy
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework





16 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Waiting patiently for your Quilty 365 to come together. LOVE that pattern! Have fun with the Light/Bright GREEN scraps for the RSC.

Julierose said...

Love those little 4-patches...nice in greens and whites....hugs, Julierose

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Une année de réalisation de blocs qui va prendre fin... tu vas t'ennuyer !! ;)) Ils sont tous magnifiques. J'adore ce tissu "explorateur" !

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love seeing those tiny blocks come together, Chantal! What an amazing quilt that is going to be. The map fabric is so fun - I need to go to Bobbinville this afternoon! Maybe there the bobbins are all already wound for you?! :)

gayle said...

All those itty bitty blocks! Good luck, girl!
I haven't thought about what I'm doing for RSC this year. I do have several blocks from previous years that need to carry over, though.

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Well you certainly made good use of a beautiful, snowy day! Your blocks are lovely and the resulting quilt is going to be amazing!

Susie H said...

Sweet little blocks. Great start to 2020!

Quilting Babcia said...

It's going to be so much fun seeing all those mini-blues all stitched together!

PaintedThread said...

Oh, I love seeing it come together! That scrap fabric you found is hilarious! (I have a newer cutting board, but the old one still gets a ton of use - go figure)

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

This quilt is going to be spectacular! Can't wait to see it. And I love that scrap fabric with all the quilty places on it. I want to go live in the lighthouse on the Patchwork sea.

Kate said...

You've made a great start on projects in 2020. Looking forward to watching each project come together this year. Happy stitching!

Quilter Kathy said...

So much fun sewing going on there... I also love that treasured scrap!

Lin said...

That map fabric is brilliant! Great work on all your blocks. xx PS Silly Santa!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Oh the anticipation of seeing all your 365 blocks put together! I can't wait!!

Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap! I am also looking forward to seeing what RSC blocks you choose :)

Fiona said...

so wonderful to see your 365 coming together…. it's going to be stunning... great to see the scraps being all used up to.... now don't get too sidetracked looking into the details on scraps!!! haha
Hugz

canuckquilter said...

Your 365 coming together look fabulous. You have great patience!