Friday 3 January 2020

Les étoiles de Cécile

New year; new project.


Cécile and Béa started their annual sew-along and the theme this year is Star. Whatever kind of star you wish to sew is okay. The only two rules which are 1- a minimum of 16 star blocks and 2- it needs to be finish for May 31, 2020.

If you wish to join, you can do so here. But hurry, the registration closes on January 15. There's some wonderful prizes to be won.

If you just want to see the parade of beautiful quilts, you can join the FB group here.

So far, I have made :

Quilty Friends which was inspired by Cécile sew-along.

Then there was the basket quilt...
... which I didn't finished. It is still waiting to be quilted.


And this year, it's stars.

Last summer, I got from an online store, a set of templates for English Paper Piecing. All kind of shapes are included and they come in three different sizes. I have the outline and the full template.

It looks like a lot of fun, right? I don't know 'cause I haven't tried them yet.


Cécile's Stars quilt is the perfect opportunity to give it a try. So, I picked out the diamonds and started to trace them onto fabrics.




Okay, it's not perfect but it's the first time I work with diamonds. I'll learn along the way I'm sure.
Of course, orange and blue had to be my first choice of fabric. :^D


So I need to do 16 of these and then what? Uh .. I'll applique them on ... something ... neutral? Or should I add little diamonds on the sides so I can attach them all together? Hmmm! I'll sleep on that.

Stay tuned.

;^)


Joining Denise at For the Love of Geese
Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Angela at So Scrappy
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework
Kathy at Kathy Quilts



17 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wonderful sew along projects inspired by Cecile!! Best of luck with the finishing (and the start of the new project, too.)

Libby in TN said...

There might be a template in there to fill the gap between the points (basically a half diamond) to make them hexagons, then you can deal with them as you would hexies. Check Bethany Reynolds or Sara Nephew for inspiration.

Quilting Babcia said...

You do seem to love the fussy little blocks for your quiltmaking! Good for you! I have some templates for the traditional sunflower block I'm hoping to try out this year. We shall see.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I remember the heart made of log cabin blocks, and still love it! Your new star project will be fun to follow along with, too. Those templates look really handy!

Lisa J. said...

This looks like a perfect project for you. I have a similar project in a box somewhere but I'm not sure when I will get to it.

Susie H said...

Very pretty finishes. Your EPP looks perfect to me. It'll be fun to see what you end up doing with them!

Fiona said...

Great choice for your stars.... I love the others that you did too
HUgz

Jo said...

Love the log cabin and basket quilts. EPP is a fantastic take-along project, and so many wasted moments get turned into quilt blocks if you always have it ready to go. Your stars look great so far.

CecileD said...

Merci pour ce post ma chère Chantal !! Tu vas faire un très beau quilt je le sens bien...
Il ,faut juste rectifier dans ton post que la date butoir pour montrer le quilt fini (et quilté) est le 31 mai ! Je donne 2 mois de plus pour le quilting ;)
Gros bisous et bon dimanche !

Kate said...

You've got a great start on a new project using a new technique. What a fun start to 2020.

Karrin Hurd said...

Those look like wonderful templates!

CathieJ said...

Wow, you are really diving in with the paper piecing. I do like your stars. I am looking forward to seeing how you use them.

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh how wonderful! I love when a quiltalong inspires new challenges and techniques!
The pile of templates does look like an invitation for playing!
Your first attempts are marvellous and we look forward to seeing where the creativity takes you!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great plan Chantal. I will have to check out the QAL. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

I love your log cabin heart, I use templates for my EPP. it helps to cut the card and the fabrics.

Kim Sharman said...

You are going to have such fun playing with those templates. I can just imagine what pretty designs you will imagine. Your stars are fabulous.

For the love of geese said...

I love the basket top, it's on my list to to-do's. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.