Saturday 25 January 2020

Green Star? Why not?

I did little sewing this week, like in 3 inches Ohio Star kind of sewing.

Some are from my stash of little pieces.


Others are entirely made from given scraps bags.

(I can tell I was tired. The stars aren't as straight as they could be. Sigh! Whatever!)


I love this piece of scrap.

Unfortunately, big prints don't work well with little pieces. I know what fabric it is so it still makes me smile. :^) (the colors are truer in this picture)

So my design wall looks like this now. Only two more stars to do. I think I need another purple and a light one ... or two lights?
I had a plan on setting the stars with alternate blocks but now I have another plan. Hopefully, I'll get more sewing time next week.

Meanwhile, the green basket is still a wish to come true ... eventually.
Did two units so far. (Not in their final place.) I love the "wood" print. My intention is to work on this project this weekend.

Have a great one !

;^)


Joining
Angela at So Scrappy
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework
Denise at For the Love of Geese






10 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, your tiny Ohio Stars just make me smile, and want to make some, Chantal! But I'd better stick with the tiny bowties I started a few weeks back. :)

Fiona said...

I love those little stars... are you enjoying making the basket? I hope so...

Hugz

Julie in GA said...

Your tiny little Ohio Stars are adorable! I may need to make some of those.

Quilting Babcia said...

Your tiny Ohio stars look really good to me. And I love that green woodgrain print!

Jennifer said...

What cute little blocks - I think a purple would look great.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Great blocks! When in doubt, add more purple, I always say!

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE your Star project!! Good luck on finishing your GREEN basket by the end of the month. If not, the color will probably be back again next year and you can finish it then! (That's what I did with my pink basket last year, so you will be in good company.)

gayle said...

I adore those itty bitty Ohio Stars!!!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I love your tiny stars too. I look forward to seeing what you do with them. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Encore de toutes petites pièces ! J'aime beaucoup tes étoiles, et le tissu violet aussi ! ;))