Thursday 2 April 2020

Progress

What a wonderful thing. Especially when I'm the one doing it, haha.

After a fun afternoon with strings,

I made some progress on a green border ...



Followed by another green border!


Whoop Whoop! I am so happy! Look who's done!!


Field of Poppies (aka Good Fortune by Bonnie K. Hunter) is ready for quilting.  Um! I'm just noticing that last border is pretty wavy!




Doesn't look better up close. Okay so it isn't ready for quilting. I'll redo that last border (sigh!) but at least you know what it looks like. What do you think?


While I took pictures of my quilt, early this morning, someone came by to serenade me. It's a Cardinal bird. I SOOOO love cardinals. I just sat there and listen for a bit. Then he took off. Thank you for such a lovely moment. I appreciate it. And please come again, any time at all, soon.


So now that I am done with the greens, this place needs a good cleaning.


That is so much better. Awwhhhh! I think I haven't seen the top of this cabinet since the beginning of 365 challenge back in 2016.  Yikes!

Yes, my cutting table is a sewing cabinet. With no machine in it. But one is coming, eventually. Aunt Lucy is bringing me hers whenever we will be allowed to meet again.



These mats were finished and delivered ... on her porch.  Yes! Checked.


Oh yeah! I bet you want to know what I did with the strings, right?






Some got sewn together





different colours were used





and tossed aside for later.






I have to stay focus.







It took me a while




and some help from the Super Seam Ripper,







but I got what I wanted.


Hum! This will be a fun quilt, I think. I like where it is taking me. Maybe it's a quilt for me?  We'll see! :^D




Be "in" and stay home.

;^)

Joining
Denise at For the Love of Geese
Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation
Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Angela at So Scrappy
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework






20 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Loving those gray, black and gold mats! I didn't notice any wavy borders, I thought the top was set on steps on the deck. Lots of tiny pieces, for sure, but looking good!

Fiona said...

I do love your BH quilt... can't really see the wavy borders but I do know it's better to fix now before you try and quilt... love what you did with the strings.... I can imagine a whole quilt of pretty little cotton reels...
Hugz

Julierose said...

What a stunning quilt that Field of Poppies is!! Beautiful work and I love the scrappy green border, too...How exciting to finish up;)))
I like where your string journey is going...
~ ~ ~ waving to you from afar Julierose ;)))

Claire said...

Love the Field of Poppies top! Great color choice.Like others, I didn't see the wavy in the photo. (I know, up close is another matter.) Hope you don't have too much reworking to do. Pieced borders are a pain, but they add so much!

kiwikid said...

Your Field of Poppies is stunning, love the border, hope it sits flat for you. Your string making is wonderful, love the cotton reel. Well done on staying focused, not easy to do at present.

Karen's Korner said...

Some lovely sewing happening at your place.

Lin said...

Your green border does look great - works really well. What a lovely cabinet and nice finish on the mats. Lovely spool too! xx

For the love of geese said...

Oh wow its amazing, the border ties it all together perfectly. I love a clean sewing room although it only stays that way until I start sewing again. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Je ne suis pas sure de voir toutes les images, il y a de grands espaces entre plusieurs phrases. Anyway ;) Ton bloc turquoise est magnifique, et j'adore the Field of Poppies avec ses belles bordures. Jolie petite bobine de fil ;)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super cute use for your String block, Chantal, and I believe congratulations are in order concerning the (near) finish of your Field of Poppies quilt top!!

SueR said...

I think Field of Poppies is a very apropos name for your quilt. The colors are perfect. I saw the first cardinal of spring in my yard the other day. A brilliant flash of color in a very grey landscape.

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Your Field of Poppies looks great. Good idea for outer border. I think your spool quilt will be lovely.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your green border for Field of Poppies is wonderful - perfect to make it look like a beautiful field of flowers! The spool to go with your button blocks is also perfect. I think your brain is functioning brilliantly these days! 😍

Susie H said...

I think that's the perfect quilt for YOU! Buttons + Spools = Quilter's Quilt! I didn't see any waves on you Field of Poppies but I guess it was more visible in person. Looks great!

gayle said...

Excellent choice for your Poppy borders! I love the way the flowers are floating in a field of leaves!
And those mats are scrumptious - I hope your friend loves them!
Your stringy spools are going to be wonderful, too! You've been busy with all kinds of pretty things!

Edith said...

Wow, so much happening here, love the Bonnie Hunter quilt and good for you for cleaning that table off, must feel good. Nice to do that every once and awhile.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Lovely work, Chantal! Borders are a pain in the you-know-what, but yours are very pretty, as is the whole quilt. And I love the spool block, which is perfect with the button block.

quiltmore2014 said...

Your Bonnie quilt is one of the prettiest ones I have seen! can't wait to see it finished! I think using green on the outside is just perfect!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

We don't have cardinals where I live. I would love to see one in person. Love the green border. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Elaine Adair said...

Oh Chantal - thank you for the lovely visit to your sewing space! What fun you had, so did I, with your strings and scrappiness. If interested, see BluPrint (free for now) for Christine Cameli, making a scrappy grocery bag- just nice and entertaining, making use of scraps!