Saturday 28 March 2020

I Just Want To Sew

Again this week, I didn't sew much but I'm catching up now.


Working with green for Field of Poppies second pieced border. I am not following Bonnie Hunter's plan for this one. In all due respect, she has great borders finishing Good Fortune but I need something different.


So I am completely overrun with green. I am grateful to my friends who give me their little bits of leftover because, personally, I don't have that much green and aqua and such.

I know, I should clean my work place. It is such a mess... sigh! But I don't feel like cleaning up and putting away. I think this confinement is getting to me more than I dare to admit. 


I know I also said that I would quilt my little Ohio Stars quilt, but that's not what I feel like doing. 


I tweaked the button block a little bit and I love it much more. Of course, I had to make a second one ... 


... just to make sure my tweaking was okay, you know. 

While I was playing with turquoise, I decided to pieces together all these little lonely bits. 


Like I said, I don't have much of these colors, so I ran out in no time at all  ...




... but then, it hit me ...



Strings! 



I'm digging into my string bins and Oh! My! Sizzling Bacon!! THIS is bliss! Because this is what I want to do! 

Stay safe and sew on! 

;^)


Joining 
Angela at So Scrappy







15 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Chouette, le retour des boutons ! Très beaux blocs, belle couleur, et ils sont tous petits comme tu les aime ;))

The Joyful Quilter said...

ROFL!! I think you purposely messed up your sewing space (so that I wouldn't have to feel so bad about the state of mine!!) :P

Nice job on working some TEAL into your green border. I can't wait to see what happens with the little bits. Looking forward to seeing what you do with those Strings, too!

Marly said...

It looks like you're having fun with your scraps! I'm looking forward to seeing your Good Fortune border(s). At least you're at the borders stage; I'm still assembling blocks (at least I was last time I looked at it.)

Julierose said...

Sewing with messy scraps is just what I am doing also; I like your little boutons blocks...
Only one week in and we are getting cabin fever too..C'est tres difficile

~ ~ ~ waving from afar stay safe Julierose ;))

Fiona said...

haha.... your work is like mine.. a bit scattery…. making a mess is so creative isn't it?
Hugz

kiwikid said...

So good you found what you want to do, I think lots of us are a bit squirrel like at present. Love your button blocks. Good things come out of mess, hang in there.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I, too, am jumping from one thing another these days, much like a squirrel! Glad you found some strings that inspire you, Chantal. Whatever you work on or make, it will be good!

Cathy said...

Join the Club of the Unfocused! I wish I could put my finger on why I (like so many of us, apparently) can’t seem to just relax and do what we love. It’s hard to find something appealing, but strings to the rescue!! I love your messy sewing area. And someday when you least expect it, straightening it up will seem like the perfect activity. I did that today for a half hour, and it felt good. Then I picked a random drawer of scraps and just sorted into size-piles. These unsettled times will pass.... stay safe and healthy!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Oh, my sizzling bacon! That is my favorite sentence of the week! And my absolute favorite block is your button block! Adorable! Have fun with your strings!

Lin said...

Lovley buttons! I too love your 'sizzling bacon'! Glad you have found a project that grabs you. xx

Dirt Road Quilter said...

As frustrating as the current state of the world is in, it looks like you are making lemonade of out of lemons - so much potential in those pretty scraps!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I am giggling Chantal...Look at all those wonderful scraps. You can actually swim in them :)

Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

gayle said...

Oh, my sizzling bacon! (I am so stealing that!)
Enjoy that stringing!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh fun!! Strings that sizzle like bacon!! LOVE it!!!

Susie H said...

Strings ARE a glorious thing! You can sew & sew without thinking too much giving time to contemplate what you might do with them later. Those buttons are adorable. What a cute project for your sewing room!?!?!